Whats your solution to improve our ODI team???

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

that aint happening till Wc

Who will do that ??? generally a team director shud......but wo to hai nhin

Yaha rahul ko regular chance nhin mil rha, what chance does those 3 have

Yes I know nothing of that will happen but one can hope right. Such drastic changes will come if we bow out of WC in early stages but with meek selection team even that looks difficult.

Kick out shastri and bring Moody as coach. Give Virat 2-3 series as captain and review bis captaincy, management, selection skills , dont give free rope or long term captaincy that brings arrogance and incumbancy. Bring in young players T20s and ODIs are youth oriented, dont waste time on has beens.

Give Pant, Gill, Shaw chances. 

*Eye Roll*
Yaar, kya fantasy fairytale likkha hai yaar?
Kohli is the real coach and he sucks up to Dhoni because his Sugar Daddy N Srinivasan has the BCCI in his pockets.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Yes I know nothing of that will happen but one can hope right. Such drastic changes will come if we bow out of WC in early stages but with meek selection team even that looks difficult.

The thing is - there is a hell and heaven difference in the world of 2007 and that of 2019
I can bet on money that no changes will take place because the scenarios are completely different.
At that stage, Team India was completely in a broken stage with huge infightings and abysmal records.
Yes, the power struggle is still going on-but more or less everything is settled with good win records and the power centres have reached an understanding between Them.
Also, let me be frank- Cricket is not really as relevant to people as it was 10 yrs back. Previously, we really didn't have much source of entertainment so really were super concerned about even one loss and yada yada.
Now we Indians don't really need cricket and cricketers to validate ourselves.
As much as I have been rather busy in my own life, I have also come to realise that cricket matches create much less buzz nowadays than they did in 2000s.
I don't know what is the situation in other states/cities but in Kolkata atleast, cricket doesn't really raise the same emotions as it did in the previous decade.
Infact, I will say that European Football leagues have more buzz in my circle than international cricket.
The biggest event that really makes noise is IPL right now.
Yeah, a lot of people don't like Kohli-but I don't think he is going to be sacked after the WC19.
cricket is biased towards the subcontinent-so I expect them to reach the finals and then lose.
People really don't need to lose their head after one defeat because we have other work to do in our personal life.
Similarly cricketers to have their own agendas and everything fit so well.
Fun will come before 2023 lol... As Kohli struggles with poor captaincy skills and declining form.

Yup your predictions were spot on,I admitted that day itself
Pant does have powerful backers.
As much as he is talented, it is pretty anomalous of him to debut internationally within a year of his domestic debut and h
Getting matches on a pretty consistent basis-along with social media hype .
Infact, the way he got added to the 4 day squad in the last minute and then got a Test Squad is also pretty amazing given the fact that people consider him as a victim of Dhoni brand of politics
There has been a lot of wicketkeepers, but why is only Pant being pigeonholed as Dhoni's replacement?

Same with Rahul.
Both of them have powerful backers and efficient PR teams who are trying to create public sympathy for their clients.

Also Regardless their talents, both of them are overhyped on the media.
As much as Dhoni is past his prime, we should not really boo him because we want Pant/DK .
Can Pant/DK provide captaincy titbits to Kohli in crunch situation?
Can Pant/DK analyse DRS?
Most importantly, can they command as much public influence Like Dhoni?
As much as Dhoni is past his prime and is now a parasite in the team, he has done a lot previously.
Yes, he should take his leave now- but we should criticise him because he is playing badly, but not because we want Pant.
Pant will definitely get his chance-because his backers are powerful enough.
Same with Rahul though I feel his ODI career will never take off.
KL also got a chance to judge a beauty pageant so that's pretty big deal.
Along with ads and magazine covers.
There are definitely attempts to endear these 2 (Pant and Rahul) to public by making Kohli and Dhoni look like villains when the fact might be that they are infact backing them.
I have seen enough of these good cop-bad cop manipulations.
Let's not fall into the sympathy trap.

Since the advent of social media, we consistently have a tendency to overhype mediocre players to top and then bite our fingers when we realise they are crappy but by the time, they have built up enough contacts to suck their places like a parasite.

8 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Next time people in stadiums must display F@#k you Kohli on their chest,should continuously boo him and leave the stadium once he reaches 10-15 runs

I hate to say but this will work too. Kohli thinks that this is his team. This is India's team and he is one of the eleven playyers. No more no less.

1 hour ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Pant does have powerful backers.
As much as he is talented, it is pretty anomalous of him to debut internationally within a year of his domestic debut and h
Getting matches on a pretty consistent basis-along with social media hype .
Infact, the way he got added to the 4 day squad in the last minute and then got a Test Squad is also pretty amazing given the fact that people consider him as a victim of Dhoni brand of politics
There has been a lot of wicketkeepers, but why is only Pant being pigeonholed as Dhoni's replacement?

Same with Rahul.
Both of them have powerful backers and efficient PR teams who are trying to create public sympathy for their clients.

Also Regardless their talents, both of them are overhyped on the media.
As much as Dhoni is past his prime, we should not really boo him because we want Pant/DK .
Can Pant/DK provide captaincy titbits to Kohli in crunch situation?
Can Pant/DK analyse DRS?
Most importantly, can they command as much public influence Like Dhoni?
As much as Dhoni is past his prime and is now a parasite in the team, he has done a lot previously.
Yes, he should take his leave now- but we should criticise him because he is playing badly, but not because we want Pant.
Pant will definitely get his chance-because his backers are powerful enough.
Same with Rahul though I feel his ODI career will never take off.
KL also got a chance to judge a beauty pageant so that's pretty big deal.
Along with ads and magazine covers.
There are definitely attempts to endear these 2 (Pant and Rahul) to public by making Kohli and Dhoni look like villains when the fact might be that they are infact backing them.
I have seen enough of these good cop-bad cop manipulations.
Let's not fall into the sympathy trap.

Since the advent of social media, we consistently have a tendency to overhype mediocre players to top and then bite our fingers when we realise they are crappy but by the time, they have built up enough contacts to suck their places like a parasite.

You might be correct that Pant is young but for DK there is a body of work for decades that cannot be ignored anymore. He deserves it. Dhoni needs to go like yesterday.

You might be correct that Pant is young but for DK there is a body of work for decades that cannot be ignored anymore. He deserves it. Dhoni needs to go like yesterday.
Exactly yes... I too feel DK should get the chance(and he will).
But Pant has his backers and they are pretty powerful
But DK is Tamil and we know who runs BCCI(Srini Mamu, who else)

18 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

Play rohit sharma at 4. YES he was a failure there and has 3 double 100 as opener but now he is a different player. He fails and stalls at opening many times anyway

Start with dhawan and rahul with attack from both ends. 

I dont see future with kartik as keeper in odis. To me pant should play after dropping dhoni. 

Drop raina and play krunal pandya

Play 3 seamers all the time unless its a rank turner and play one of the wrist spinners. 

Kohli has no clue abt team selection. Remove him from captaincy and make rohit the captain

Dhawan/rahul/kohli/rohit/pant/hardik/krunal/bhuvi/kuldeep/shami/bumrah

You have nailed it bro.. just couple of things....need to find alternative for Bhuvi and keep rotating chahal and kuldeep

Indian batting order in T20/ODI : Dhawan,Rohit ,Virat ,Lokesh Rahul (who should be a guaranteed starter for next 20 games), Risabh Pant(wk), Krunal Pandya (who lends greater balance than Manish Pandey or Suresh Raina) and Hardik Pandya

It is a good team with right balance of freakish batters who can indulge in crazy six hitting (Rohit,Hardik,Pant) to compliment with traditional batters (Kohli,Dhawan,KLRahul)who are more of ground shot boundary players . In IPL, Krunal Pandya is proven as good as Robin singh (if one has to cite an example) when it comes to late order batting.His left arm spin is very decent and can get couple wickets in between especially if he is targeted becos other teams may decide to play kuldeep +chahal more safely.

When it comes to bowling Bumrah alongwith one out of Shami/Bhuvi/Umesh should be main bowlers along with Kuldeep + Chahal spin combo. This team has at its availabilty 30 overs of spin or seam bowling which can be utlised as per pitch conditions. As 5th bowler ,if its spin track , Krunal can bowl 10 overs or if seam track then Hardik can put in 10 overs. Anyway bowling has never been India's strength but in past tournaments bowlers have delivered ,so this is best bowling combo available to get 10 wkts.