Clearly an imbalanced side.

Last 1 year India's middle order performance 4-7 . Dhopni's state inflated by 8 not outs. Basically it is a very inconsistent  unreliable line up. Zero centuries. 10 fifites in all. Few useless fifties. 

i1VMITK.png

England during the same period,  3  centuries 15 fifties.  Look at the average and strike rate. It is not even remotely close. This is only from 4 to 7. England's batting is good at 8 and 9 as well. India has literally has 7 lower order batsmen. There is no middle order. It is a mirage.

PxmdgrM.png

England's last 2 years performance.

dWUepXo.png

Edited by vvvslaxman
1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Last 1 year India's middle order performance 4-7 . Dhopni's state inflated by 8 not outs. Basically it is a very inconsistent  unreliable line up. Zero centuries. 10 fifites in all. Few useless fifties. 

i1VMITK.png

England during the same period,  9 centuries 35 fifties. Sure they have played a bit more. Look at the average and strike rate. It is not even remotely close. This is only from 4 to 7. England's batting is good at 8 and 9 as well. India has literally has 7 lower order batsmen. There is no middle order. It is a mirage.

dWUepXo.png

We are still doomed as you know that the backups are Rayudu/Pandey or floater Rahane then a young and upcoming Raina followed by Msd and hit and miss Pandya.

6 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

We are still doomed as you know that the backups are Rayudu/Pandey or floater Rahane then a young and upcoming Raina followed by Msd and hit and miss Pandya.

Karthik, Pandey, Rahane, Dhoni all have very low strike rates by modern standard. Some  low average as well. Pandya's strike rate is misleading. Dhoni's average is even more misleading. It is easily the most pathetic middle order India has ever fielded in one day internationals.  Ravi bot, Kohli both share the responsibility for this situation. I am keen to know the record of Kohli as captain in all the formats. Be it is RCB or Indian side it is always top heavy.  Is it due nature of his leadership? I Have no idea. India has sterling record because of top 3 and our spinners. Otherwise many teams will roast us. If only we still had Ashwin and Jaddu we would have been murdered by England. Srilanka and Pakistan beat us in CT. 

Edited by vvvslaxman
23 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Karthik, Pandey, Rahane, Dhoni all have very low strike rates by modern standard. Some  low average as well. Pandya's strike rate is misleading. Dhoni's average is even more misleading. It is easily the most pathetic middle order India has ever fielded in one day internationals.  Ravi bot, Kohli both share the responsibility for this situation. I am keen to know the record of Kohli as captain in all the formats. Be it is RCB or Indian side it is always top heavy.  Is it due nature of his leadership? I Have no idea. India has sterling record because of top 3 and our spinners. Otherwise many teams will roast us. If only we still had Ashwin and Jaddu we would have been murdered by England. Srilanka and Pakistan beat us in CT. 

Our middle order was very poor after 2011 WC and we still persisted with Yuvraj/Raina/Raydu/Binny :facepalm:.Even in the 2015 WC it was our top order who bailed us out on many occasions check the Pakistan game 241-2 in 42 overs only ended with 300 on the board for 8 wickets .Even the South Africa game we ended up with 309 when we could have had more and in the semis Australia owned us where MS made a misleading 68 to boost up his stats. Virat during pre captaincy all the chest thumping and fake aggression he showed made me believe that we will build a new team under him  but we gave a 32 year old Jhadav a chance nothing against him and recalled Yuvraj who apart from that one game against Pakistan or his century against England was a failure same thing with Raina he is completely finished but made a come back in the team on what basis I don't know. Then our captain came up with this genius idea of using Rahane as a floater :facepalm:. We should have tried out youngsters like Pant or maybe Iyer in my opinion Pant should have been a regular in 2017 when we toured Westindies but for some reason we played Yuvraj in 3 games and Dhoni in all 5 games which was beyond me.Two years was enough for Pant to cement his place in the side but I don't feel any youngster can make it into this side as this team looks like a closed shop where they don't want a youngster to cement his place in the side.