Lanka is a boring team to play against..

Cricketics

If you think about it ... Lankan bowling was heaps better than India's
On what basis can you claim that? Yes, on paper an attack with chaminda Vass and Murali look way better than ours. But India's inexperienced batting line up easily managed to score 267 & 194 which where both good scores.
Lankan batting was great , especially the way they started so which team do you reckon is more entertaining ???
And Again based on what do you claim this? Todays burst from sanath was complete slogging which could have even backfired. They weren't chasing anything great on this wicket after D/L changed the scheme of things. It was more of T20 that Indians bowlers weren't prepared for. I won't claim SL is a boring team, they are certainly as entertaining as any other team , but I don't think they are better than us by any means going by current form.
More than Jayasuriya' date=' we need a plan for Dilshan. This mediocre player has flayed us almost everytime we have played him. Just astounding that he manages to score so well against us.[/quote'] I wouldn't worry about him, Dhondy. Dunno if you were watching last night but he could barely put bat to ball against Ishant Sharma. He was just slogging blindly and was lucky to survive - one play and miss after another. Got a massive inside edge early on to Ishant, but fortunately [for him] he didn't drag it back onto his stumps - went for a boundary instead. One of the commentators (I think it was Greig) even went as far as to say that he would eventually need to see a dentist if he kept on playing Ishant the way he did. Sangakkara aside, they are a team of lucky c unts, and they know it.
I wouldn't worry about him' date=' Dhondy. Dunno if you were watching last night but he could barely put bat to ball against Ishant Sharma. He was just slogging blindly and was lucky to survive - one play and miss after another. Got a massive inside edge early on to Ishant, but fortunately [for him'] he didn't drag it back onto his stumps - went for a boundary instead. One of the commentators (I think it was Greig) even went as far as to say that he would eventually need to see a dentist if he kept on playing Ishant the way he did. Sangakkara aside, they are a team of lucky c unts, and they know it.
Thanks Pred. It doesn't surprise me at all. He can't play pace if his life depended on it. Problem was, Sreesanth was so profligate at the other end, we simply couldn't keep the pressure up. When Sreesanth came back, we still had a slim chance. However, he ended up bowling sort pitched, wide deliveries and this guy took him for 14. Nevertheless, I am hopeful we can put him in place for the next one.

I would open with Ishant & Pathan the next time around, Ishant as usual will pose problems for Sanath and who ever the other opener is going to be. We should be careful that we don't give enough pace for Sanath to work his way around. Pathan would be right choice, with some help from the swinging ball, Sanath should be on the mat.