Time to blood in Prithvi Shaw

20 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Many want so, but then we prefer hyped seniors who can't show up with even 20 runs or less per innings, innings after innings. 

Those washed up seniors,friends and relatives will score heavily at home then you will see the caption Gabbar is back or form is temporary class is permanent.Honestly under Virat I don't feel confident that a youngster can prosper in a good way that is how I see things.

6 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Those washed up seniors,friends and relatives will score heavily at home then you will see the caption Gabbar is back or form is temporary class is permanent.Honestly under Virat I don't feel confident that a youngster can prosper in a good way that is how I see things.

True.Sunny, Manju, Siva, Harsha and all other commies will say that after a long tour overseas everyone worked hard on their batting and now the rewards are then to be seen. Offcourse as you mentioned eventually the phrase"class is permanent" will be thrown around many a times during the home series. Only Virat has given them the chance so far to use that phrase in SA and England.Come home series and that phrase will be over used for players like Dhawan,Vijay,Rahul,Pujara,Rahane,Nair,Iyer, Sharma etc etc.Suddenly the class is going to rise from 1 to 10. Just wait and watch.

Edited by Straight Drive
1 minute ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

If no one new gets a look-in in this series, I don't see them getting it in India. Where else will a guy get an opportunity to get back in form than in India?

India series is for  puraane yaar dosts to get back in the team.

Poor kids will have to do with bastism by fire.

Pant is must for 3rd test. I like Karthik but he is not a test level skipper and not good enough bat in these conditions. Also he gave a feeling that he was sleeping behind stumps today. Normally keepers are chirpy but there were no words of encouragement from Karthik. No guarantee that Pant will be successful but no harm in trying.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pant is must for 3rd test. I like Karthik but he is not a test level skipper and not good enough bat in these conditions. Also he gave a feeling that he was sleeping behind stumps today. Normally keepers are chirpy but there were no words of encouragement from Karthik. No guarantee that Pant will be successful but no harm in trying.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pant will surely get his test cap now that he's being backed by Gavaskar(who is trying to sneak in Mumbaikars under that pretext though) and Kohli is in an unusual dildariya mode in giving debut caps(Deepak Chahar, Sid Kaul) so both Pant and Shaw might make their debuts but I don't think Pant will be the wk.
Mostly he'll replace Pujara.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

so in one post picking youngsters in foreign tours will be baptism of fire and in the very next post we must pick youngsters in the last 2 matches on this series .

What else is the choice?

Where else will the younsters be blooded?They have to do it the harder way because  the easier home series is for the likes of dhawan and rohit to make comebacks and score runs.Who knows...they may even give Raina a go .

Prithvi Shaw,Shubman Gill and Rishabh Pant can't do worse than these guys. If these ftbs are not replaced now, these are going to make merry against West Indies and home series as well and then again when the tours like SA and England come, we gonna see the same old story. This cyclical performance dependent on conditions needs to got rid off as it promotes ftb culture even further and wastes precious years. 

We also know that Dhawan,Vijay,Rahul,Rahane are very likely to smash big hundreds on flat tracks.If that so the requirement then no need to drop anyone.However,if we want to consider the performances of below par batsman in SA and England then in no way they deserve to make squad on merit.After all I feel we need all weather batsmen not ftbs.Hence the revamp needs to be done.

13 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Pant will get a game,Gavaskar is backing  his case..but it remains to be seen will Virat remain patient with him , he is bound to fail in these swinging conditions (as its very tough for a debutant to perform in these conditions) as he had been with Pandya 

Kya karain. That is there only chance because at home the PR brigade of home bullies will cite their past performance and get them back.

Even the selectors will need respite from the overseas fainty and will go with safer options.

Dhawan aur  rohit have a good life.

Djawan gets dropped after getting chance midway on difficult series . His stats get protection for future references.

At home , he will twirl his moonch and will be back.

31 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Pant will get a game,Gavaskar is backing  his case..but it remains to be seen will Virat remain patient with him , he is bound to fail in these swinging conditions (as its very tough for a debutant to perform in these conditions) as he had been with Pandya 

Why is Rishabh Pant bound to fail. Didn't Ashwin score 28 runs in tough conditions. At least let him play before commenting he has succeeded or failed. Others have averaged 8 runs, 20 Runs etc in last 7 innings or so.Give him similar innings and then we shall know if he is better than them or not.

Edited by Straight Drive