Does India need a foreign coach?

Lala

Does India need a foreign coach?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Does India need a foreign coach?

39 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

before all that i feel they all lack good work ethics......thats why i put tht post of gambhir that kirsten was not tactically that gr8 but worked really hard with the team. Here players not playing warmup games n having more off. This Support staff needs holidays when a player wants to practice 

Most importantly coaching staff doesnt have international exp  to share, which fears me for the new lot as who will guide in tough situations.....On A-tours they had dravid 

What wud a bharat arun share when bowlers are running out of ideas 

What wud a bangar who has only played 10 test tell to rahane who has played almost 50 now 

Tactical and strategic acumen are lacking in this coaching staff team - i have lost hope on reaching this extent 

Rahane thread why it got removed what was the story?

On 8/13/2018 at 12:23 AM, Clarke said:

There are anecdotes of how hard John Wright pushed the team during training and players have acknowledged his contributions in their growth. Heck, even Anjali Tendulkar apparently thanked him once for his role in SRT's performance.

Sachin-Dravid-Sourav-Laxman this quartet  was far far higher in skill levels when combined to Kohli-Rahane-Pujara-Vijay(current experienced senior quartet).If you go thru series wise avg:s of 'Sachin group' we can observe this difference. They were such all round skilled players for a start.No wonder 3 of them went on to become ODI  greats too. Such was their class .They complimented one another very effectively. If Sachin, Laxman  were great in AUS, Sourav & Rahul  assisted as best as they can. Sourav,Sachin,Rahul  adapted like duck into water in ENG. Laxman cashed in on their performances to  provide what ever he could in ENG. Dravid was always brilliant in NZL. SRT,Sourav & Laxman  very effectively complimented him in more than one seires there.Similar is the case with SAF & WI too. And when Sehwag joined in that became the GOAT batting unit for India. No wonder all of them scored above 7000 runs,avg:ed 42+ with being highly successful in atleast 2 of  SENAW.

The fact is we need to trace out   batsmen  who can form a group which is  atleast close to that  group in calibre.Baring Kohli, no one is fit enough to belong in that group so much so that not even a single player from the current lot avg:s 40+ in ENG . For a start ,one dimensional mediocres like Pujara can do only that much how ever harder any effective coach works with them..

I cannot understand why Dravid does not want to take the step up?! Perhaps there will be a clash of personalities and the Likes of Dravid and Kohli cannot get along. Can't see Dravid justifying selecting posers like Pandya into the test side.

Blaming Shastri is simply unfair. Cricket isn't the only challenge he's facing, I think right now Shastri's primary focus is fighting obesity!

The reason being egos of the captain, remember board opting for Zak and dravid as bowling and batting consultant for foreign tours , but our kaptaan straight away refused as he doesn't want to loose cold.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

What India needs is a robust system and vision, we are hardly making players fight for their places and introducing young talent which is abundant so the in group is lacksadaisical.

1 Foremost we need to chalk plans and goals for every coming 5 years, selectors need to be good and keep n eye n include players regularly so we keep talent pool and competition for places.

2 Shastri has to go as he is pathetic and arrogant and this filters down to the team atitude and behavior.

3 Kohli has to learn or he will become a Sachin brilliant batsmen but poor captain and his weakness is what Gangulys strength was, picking n punting on right players.

4 We have to select the right players for the right format, Dhawan is a good ODI bat but a poor cricketer ,Indian cricket so expect more from itself n it's players.

Kohli has very good numbers as captain but needs to evolve also ODI team is outdated and one person can't carry the team always.