During the match thoughts:Advantage India & Review

Feed

During the match thoughts:Advantage India & Review  

1. 1.

• Gambhir's pathetic shot
    • UV's ego shot when India needed less than 6 an over
    • Dhoni's run out (3's a crowd , isn't it )
    • Uthappa's loss of patience

I dont think the lack of extra batsman lost it for us. we had batting all the way down to 7 ... to chase 204' date=' on this pitch was not a huge ask. Id say bringing Pathan in at 3 is simply a waste of a batsman.[/quote'] true... How can he show so little faith in the team he halmost handpicked. If he can't trust his middle order to be exposed to a weaker aussie attack then why have them.

tics its not just because we lost today , but if u see over all this performance u can't overlook him for long. Certainly he do the job of 5th bowler (the dept we r struggling) and he is a better batsman . we have Glen Mcgrath kind of bowler in form of Ishant why cant we have Symonds in form of yusuf to give a balance to the side and he is a brilliant fielder.

o please.. surely he might be a great prospect.. but bringing his name today just because India have lost' date=' is a bit over reaction...[/quote'] The main reason I brought his name, was that he is a spinner. I mentioned in another post that I felt Chawla rather than MUnaf should have been the 5th bowler as it provides us with more balance.

:dontknow: This is truly perplexing actually. In an age where 300+ chases had become the norm, teams in this tournament are struggling to cross 175 batting second and its not just Ind, its Lanka too. What could be the problem ? Both the captain, at the toss, say the wicket is good for batting, the outfield is fast enough, yet there has been a string of low scores in this series so far. Sure, the bowling has been good, but its not like we have never hit the same Aussie or Lankan bowling for big totals before. And bear in mind, Australia's biggest total so far in this series 236, which isnt that big either. Worse, Lanka is yet to cross 200 at all. Honestly, its about time Sachin took up some serious responsibility and stayed the course, not that there is any pressure on him to do so, but as lone senior member at the top order, it is doubly important for him to fire. Runs from him will simplify India's task massively. But gotto say, there isnt a feeling of assurance about this batting order, its like a wicket is always around the corner. Therefore, its vitally important for the batsman who have gotten starts to continue, which is why Gambhir exit is again so frustrating. And for all those putting mocking ':hysterical:' at my OP, well, its actually quite easy to put these emoticons, rather than put head on the line and predict things. I would rather do the latter. :)

:dontknow: This is truly perplexing actually. In an age where 300+ chases had become the norm, teams in this tournament are struggling to cross 175 batting second and its not just Ind, its Lanka too. What could be the problem ? Both the captain, at the toss, say the wicket is good for batting, the outfield is fast enough, yet there has been a string of low scores in this series so far. Sure, the bowling has been good, but its not like we have never hit the same Aussie or Lankan bowling for big totals before. And bear in mind, Australia's biggest total so far in this series 236, which isnt that big either. Worse, Lanka is yet to cross 200 at all. Honestly, its about time Sachin took up some serious responsibility and stayed the course, not that there is any pressure on him to do so, but as lone senior member at the top order, it is doubly important for him to fire. Runs from him will simplify India's task massively. But gotto say, there isnt a feeling of assurance about this batting order, its like a wicket is always around the corner. Therefore, its vitally important for the batsman who have gotten starts to continue, which is why Gambhir exit is again so frustrating. And for all those putting mocking ':hysterical:' at my OP, well, its actually quite easy to put these emoticons, rather than put head on the line and predict things. I would rather do the latter. :)
not much you can do when your given out wrongly

I dont like the idea of 5 frontline bowlers. I suppose they're considering Pathan as an allrounder. This gives us a very long tail with Sreesanth, Munaf , and Ishant. But chasing 200 odd runs even the top 6 batsmen should've done the job. The batsmen were playing as if they were chasing in excess of 300. Some risky and false strokes from Gambhir and Yuvraj really dampened the run chase. Not to forget the close run out that got Dhoni out. I was a bit surprised that Rohit came out instead of Gambhir who , in my opinion is a better runner. Even when Uthappa was batting with the tail, he was going at every single ball. That will eventually get you out. A better approach was need for him to farm the strike and take a couple of risks every over. He was trying to clear every single delivery. He was also wasted at #7 yesterday with our long tail. I dont know why Pathan was coming in front of him. A disappointing display by the batsmen.