Overloaded scheduling affecting performances?

Nikhil_cric

3 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

@Zen @ Nikhil

I think ECB/ICC should decide on Which LoI format to keep and then scrap the others.
Already a lot of kids, especially from upper middle /upper classes follow football/basketball more than cricket
Eventually people will stop watching bilaterals and even useless Asia Cup type tourneys and only watch IPL /marquee ICC tourneys.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

This is very true . But the problem is you are suggesting that ECB of all boards should take that step. This whole headache started with the ECB aggressively pushing it's T20 agenda with the result of 3 formats of cricket and umpteen number of leagues. Now they are planning to introduce a 4th format of 100 ball cricket. 

Cut down the length of the  Series against minnows  like lanka windies and zimbos, should be as small as 3 t20is 1 odi and 1 testmatch.

Use those as breeding ground for young n upcoming rookies.

Any tour should have maximum of 3odis 2 t20i and 3 teatmatches. 6 odis or 5 testmatches are just too much to digest for viewers and players, also its hazardous of genuine quickies.

Just now, speedheat said:

Cut down the length of the  Series against minnows  like lanka windies and zimbos, should be as small as 3 t20is 1 odi and 1 testmatch.

Use those as breeding ground for young n upcoming rookies.

Any tour should have maximum of 3odis 2 t20i and 3 teatmatches. 6 odis or 5 testmatches are just too much to digest for viewers and players, also its hazardous of genuine quickies.

We should play atleast 2 tests imo. 1 test is quite meaningless . But yeah scheduling 4 tests in the Windies of all places was stupid and unnecessary.

53 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

@Zen @ Nikhil

I think ECB/ICC should decide on Which LoI format to keep and then scrap the others.
Already a lot of kids, especially from upper middle /upper classes follow football/basketball more than cricket
Eventually people will stop watching bilaterals and even useless Asia Cup type tourneys and only watch IPL /marquee ICC tourneys.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Yep, cricket is mostly watched by middle class, lower middle class these days... except a WC or a Indo-Pak match cos everyone talks about it u dont wanna miss out... few of my friends have given up on cricket, they watch WWE, EPL, and are more Barca/Man U fan then team India fan.

7 minutes ago, Sgattick10 said:

Yep, cricket is mostly watched by middle class, lower middle class these days... except a WC or a Indo-Pak match cos everyone talks about it u dont wanna miss out... few of my friends have given up on cricket, they watch WWE, EPL, and are more Barca/Man U fan then team India fan.

The amount of matches that India plays it's overkill so hard to be excited plus for BCCI home series are more important.