I will yet again raise the issue of Tendulkar to bat in Middle order

fineleg

I will yet again raise the issue of Tendulkar to bat in Middle order  

1. 1.

• Yez, we can request SRT to bat at #4
    • No, he needs to continue to open even now

Ppl come up with counter questions like why ask the best opening batsman to bat in middle order etc. etc. Nothing against Tendulkar, but when a quick blow like this is delivered to a rookie team, then our hopes (and team hopes) get shattered. Keeping Tendu in the middle at #4 means, even if we are 20-2 we can still harbor hope (and the team too). What say? Shift Tendu to #4 for the next matches in CB series!?

Something we have discussed before, but this shows how hopeless it feels when Tendu is dismissed within first 5 overs. By batting him down, we can still hope for a win even if we lose quick wickets due to some blitzkrieg fast bowling by B.Lee, or Malinga, or Dale Steyn, or Shane Bond or whoever.

Gambit, What abt when a good ball (or poor deczn or run out etc) getz him within 5 overs of innings start? The match becomes as good as nearly dead! What then? plus ur talking abt a time when YS was playing well, and other good batsmen were around. We have a raw team now.

Ppl come up with counter questions like why ask the best opening batsman to bat in middle order etc. etc. Nothing against Tendulkar, but when a quick blow like this is delivered to a rookie team, then our hopes (and team hopes) get shattered. Keeping Tendu in the middle at #4 means, even if we are 20-2 we can still harbor hope (and the team too). What say? Shift Tendu to #4 for the next matches in CB series!?
how about dropping him altogether?

why shoudn't tendulkar open?? its not that any other opening pair is doing brilliantly well to replace him.. tendulkar batted as an opener most of his life.. had most success.. kinldy don't take away that from him.. thodi shaanti rakho and let this series be over.. one big one coming from Tendulkarz bat surely

why shoudn't tendulkar open?? its not that any other opening pair is doing brilliantly well to replace him.. tendulkar batted as an opener most of his life.. had most success.. kinldy don't take away that from him.. thodi shaanti rakho and let this series be over.. one big one coming from Tendulkarz bat surely
Ticz - read my Original Post. I am not saying SRT is batting poorly. But we need him to stabilize our newbie batting line up in the middle! Team needz this from him.
Guest whineleg
Ticz - read my Original Post. I am not saying SRT is batting poorly. But we need him to stabilize our newbie batting line up in the middle! Team needz this from him.
But he is bowling poorly. He has to retire now.

Personally I'd like to see SRT retiring from ODIs altogether. But as long as he plays, there is only one position he should bat, and that's the opening position. Agree with Gambo, it was the retarded decision to play him in the MO that was a big factor for WC fiascoes.