Pujara & Miandad

zen

I like batsman and bowlers from Pakistan. For some reason there were couple I disliked and Miandad was one of those. Miandad'a averages are overly inflated by home umpires. I have seen an analysis and if you take his home games away he is not as good as Pujara. The real batsman Pakistan ever had was Inzi, Mo Yo, Misbah, Yunis. Zaheer I am not too sure of.

3 hours ago, Khota said:

I like batsman and bowlers from Pakistan. For some reason there were couple I disliked and Miandad was one of those. Miandad'a averages are overly inflated by home umpires. I have seen an analysis and if you take his home games away he is not as good as Pujara. The real batsman Pakistan ever had was Inzi, Mo Yo, Misbah, Yunis. Zaheer I am not too sure of.

abbas also scored massively against some teams (especially at home & SC) and poorly elsewhere. hanif was better than most of them, although he played for a very weak team and his avg is low.

On a batting friendly wicket I would definitely pick Miandad ahead of Pujara because Miandad was a stroke player, better runner between wicketsand could score quickly with the big shots against spinners.

Whereas if the task was to see off the new ball and then go on to score a double hundred I would definitely pick Pujara

Very contrasting players in all aspects but both very successful ones in test format.