Why is nobody questioning our batting coach Sanjay Bangar?

SecondSlip

6 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Rahul played only one series under Duncan Fletcher which was his debut series against Australia in December 2014. He averaged 32.50 in this Border Gavaskar trophy in 2014.

Next series was against SL in August 2015.  Duncan Fletcher was not the coach. Sangakarra was temporary interim coach. Rahuls series average was 21.

Next series was against WI in WI. Sanjay Bangar was coach. His batting average in this series was 78.66. 

To say Rahul had success under Duncan Fletcher is totally wrong, as he played just one series under Duncan Fletcher and he did below par. Under Sanjay Bangar he has had some series where he averaged significantly better. 

image.png.fe795599a21c0d7b6b91295308d40796.png

not rahul but rahane n vijay did have success under and rahane specifically told about duncan help

Rahul was one year under kumble, i think that was his best yr 

Didnt mean particulary about rahul 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

To be honest it needs to assessed how vijay, rahul, rahane all have regressed under him. Its not working change him 

They all did well under duncan and i have read interviews where they talked about how duncan helped their game overseas

That was 5 years ago and Fletcher was hardly a proactive coach, he was semi-retired. Fact is Vijay is now old and useless, Rahul overhyped and coming down to his real level as is Rahane who had a couple of good years at best and been a failure the rest.

50 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

not rahul but rahane n vijay did have success under and rahane specifically told about duncan help

Rahul was one year under kumble, i think that was his best yr 

Didnt mean particulary about rahul 

I would say it's the impact of fake aggression or intent as well as T20 impact for the decline of lot of players.   Add to it the Coach can be blamed if he has changed the batting grip of batsmen.  Neither has the stance been changed to cause this decline.  Apparently  Ajinkya Rahane and Murali Vijay have not been forced to change the grip or stance either by Duncan Fletcher or by Sanjay Bangar.  It is still the same. What has changed is the attempt to score runs.  The ability to hit the ball with middle of bat has also been lost, resulting to edging it to slip or onto the stumps. Both parties (coach and failing batsmen) are to be blamed.  Batsmen need to be blamed more in this instance than the coach though. Coach can tell not to fish at the ball away form stumps, but if still the batsmen fish , it is their job to hit it middle of the bat and away from fielders. Coach has no control over this execution part . At the most the coach can be blamed if he is directing batsmen to play low probability shots or tinkering with grip significantly.

Edited by Straight Drive
23 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I would say it's the impact of fake aggression or intent as well as T20 impact for the decline of lot of players.   Add to it the Coach can be blamed if he has changed the batting grip of batsmen.  Neither has the stance been changed to cause this decline.  Apparently  Ajinkya Rahane and Murali Vijay have not been forced to change the grip or stance either by Duncan Fletcher or by Sanjay Bangar.  It is still the same. What has changed is the attempt to score runs.  The ability to hit the ball with middle of bat has also been lost, resulting to edging it to slip or onto the stumps. Both parties (coach and failing batsmen) are to be blamed.  Batsmen need to be blamed more in this instance than the coach though. Coach can tell not to fish at the ball away form stumps, but if still the batsmen fish , it is their job to hit it middle of the bat and away from fielders. Coach has no control over this execution part . At the most the coach can be blamed if he is directing batsmen to play low probability shots or tinkering with grip significantly.

their is some change in everyones stance.

Rahane was asked to stand with a very open stance overseas by duncan which he talked about 

OBV batsman have to be blamed but all of them regressing same time, this needs to be introspected

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
22 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

their is some change in everyones stance.

Rahane was asked to stand with a very open stance overseas by duncan which he talked about 

OBV batsman have to be blamed but all of them regressing same time, this needs to be introspected

Can you throw more light on what change has been done by Bangar to Ajinkya Rahane's stance than it was when before.

Similarly what is the difference in stance of Murali Vijay.

12 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

That is his problem, not a issue created by coach.

I agree, most of these problems are by players alone. All coach can do is tell these players not to fish outside offstump. He cannot play for these players.

Rahane and Rohit what were those shots.How can you blame coaching for those useless shots.

Edited by putrevus
7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I agree, all these problems are by players alone. All coach can do is tell these players not to fish outside offstump. He cannot play for these players.

Rahane and Rohit what were those shots.How can you blame coaching for those useless shots.

I did not see Ajinkya Rahane's wicket. Saw the Rohit Sharma one.  It was execution error. Firstly he failed to keep it down, secondly he hit it in air where there was fielder in deep.  High risk shot.  Not the first instance he has played high risk shot in longer format. Habitual.

Edited by Straight Drive
5 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

I did not see Ajinkya Rahane's wicket. Saw the Rohit Sharma one.  It was execution error. Firstly he failed to keep it down, secondly he hit it in air where there was fielder in deep.  High risk shot.  Not the first instance he has played high risk shot in longer format. Habitual.

Rohit is living on borrowed time and should be thanking heavens that he is getting another chance to prove himself after failing so many times. All he does is  show us again why he should not playing in the test team.Rahane is very weird batsman he looks all aggressive and try to play shot a ball in test cricket but when it comes to odis he cannot even rotate the strike.

57 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Can you throw more light on what change has been done by Bangar to Ajinkya Rahane's stance than it was when before.

Similarly what is the difference in stance of Murali Vijay.

look its tough to say 100% that bangar has done but if something was working and it has been changed definately coach is a part of it 

Like Rahane is stance is a more bend now

Then

4FFo8M3.png

kB0bWFC.png

Now 

UHyYoLj.png

Merge-2.jpg

KL Rahul in 2015 

8bBpgNG.png

Today 

h8sgxPI.png

Now i dnt knw whose idea is it themselves or coach but both are involved and they have developed some technical issues . They looked much more solid and still when they came in. Ok u can say murali vijay may have declined due to age but cant say age in these 2 cases

Even vijay is standing a lil bent

then 

ZxufPIw.png

now 

p1Do1Qh.png

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

look its tough to say 100% that bangar has done but if something was working and it has been changed definately coach is a part of it 

Like Rahane is stance is a more bend now

Then

4FFo8M3.png

kB0bWFC.png

Now 

UHyYoLj.png

Merge-2.jpg

KL Rahul in 2015 

8bBpgNG.png

Today 

h8sgxPI.png

Now i dnt knw whose idea is it themselves or coach but both are involved and they have developed some technical issues . They looked much more solid and still when they came in. Ok u can say murali vijay may have declined due to age but cant say age in these 2 cases

Thanks.

I checked some highlights of his batting, he has used open stance in 2014 as well. Especially facing the over the wicket bowling by Johnson. (1:05 minutes).  At times in same video against Moeen the stance is what you have showed (closed). So he was using different stance against different bowlers in July 2014 too, when Duncan Fletcher was coach.

4 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Thanks.

I checked some highlights of his batting, he has used open stance in 2014 as well. Especially facing the over the wicket bowling by Johnson. (1:05 minutes).  At times in same video against Moeen the stance is what you have showed (closed). So he was using different stance against different bowlers in July 2014 too, when Duncan Fletcher was coach

yes their is a change in everyone stance.....even notice with rahul n vijay i have put their pics to 

Looking at them i srsly feel it has affected their balance and its all about body balance in the end. Many of their dismissal have been due to falling over of them which shows head n body arent steady 

In the case of 

Vijay- age also has affected

Rahul- t20 habbits 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Rahul's stance too is same. In the "Then" he is upright because bowler is still in initial phase of arm movement. In the "Now" frame the bowler is completing the arm action and he is hence bending to play the ball sooner.  The open stance is seen in both cases. There is no difference in that. As for make shift movement we cannot see that as it is still frame.

Just now, Straight Drive said:

Rahul's stance too is same. In the "Then" he is upright because bowler is still in initial phase of arm movement. In the "Now" frame the bowler is completing the arm action and he is hence bending to play the ball sooner.  The open stance is seen in both cases. There is no difference in that. As for make shift movement we cannot see that as it is still frame.

nope its diff , check any of his old innings 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

nope its diff , check any of his old innings 

Hope it's not tough to find Rahul's batting videos before 2015 as he played just few matches before Bangar took over.  Will watch it some other day.

He needs some good scores this series, else he is a goner. Else lucky to play 32 tests for India with batting average of 37. Major teams  cannot accomdate low average batsmen like Rahul and Rohit. 

would blame these 2, Sastri  & Bangar for not playing enough practice matches.Always wonder as to what prevent these frauds from playng 3 practice matches???They can  pick along with them a few  promising fast bowlers from Indian domestic  itself  , make 2 teams among themselves  and play 3 practice matches that will do a lot in  making them battle hardened by the time test matches begins.

Net practice can't provide this competetive mentality.This helps in a lot of ways. They can trace out as to which ever bowlers and batsmen are going to be  more successful  in these pitches, promising fast bowlers can gain valuable experience  etc etc .Even the few expense  for these hiring bowlers  wouldn't be a  problem with the cash rich BCCI. Yet these morons won't  do a bit w.r.t this.

Hope it's not tough to find Rahul's batting videos before 2015 as he played just few matches before Bangar took over.  Will watch it some other day.

yea u can find his 100 in Aus n SL 

here u go

Then 

0uUPzgi.png

Now

h8sgxPI.png

See the diff , specially the angle of bat

He needs some good scores this series, else he is a goner. Else lucky to play 32 tests for India with batting average of 37. Major teams  cannot accomdate low average batsmen like Rahul and Rohit. 

i dnt see that happening, he has stuck a bad patch and things dnt go right easily when someone gets stuck in it