This is a flat pitch

More than India's bowling will there be enough fielding support ?.....Aussies, other than top 4 gifting the wickets, did manufacture two crucial wickets out of sheer fielding brilliance. Our pot belly support staff doesn't look like made any effort to improve slip or close catching and story of missed opportunity will continue..... 

19 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

India might still escape out of this owing to ineptness in Australian line up but I’m not sure our bowlers are capable of being consistent on a flat pitch. I expect Australia to surprise themselves and end up with more than 400 here.

Their tail batting is decent. They can scrap around 100 runs easily against us like England regularly did once the ball gets older assuming we get through the top order. 

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Their tail batting is decent. They can scrap around 100 runs easily against us like England regularly did once the ball gets older assuming we get through the top order. 

In England we had good bowling conditions throughout which helped our bowlers immensely. Australia is a different ball game. Just as you said, even if we get top order early, their middle order is perfectly capable of adding 150-200 as Cummins and Starc are no mugs with the bat.

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

they do have a very good tail. starc and cummins in particular. and paine is very good too.

15 minutes ago, GolGappe said:

Need to make the new ball count. Need Australia 3 or 4 down within first 20 overs. Batting gets much easier once ball is slightly old. It's blazing hot and India have gone in with 4 bowlers only. Wayward first session with ball and India can kiss this test goodbye.

they are already flirting with kissing it goodbye. just the same way all the batsmen were flirting with balls outside the off stump. incorrigible flirts, the whole lot of them (led by captain flirt).

from the mouth of the horse, who batted for 246 balls on the pitch:

After playing "one of my top five innings" in Test cricket, Cheteshwar Pujarafeels he has taken India to a decent total mainly because the pitch in Adelaide is difficult to bat on. It is one of those that doesn't look difficult on television because there isn't exaggerated movement, but it was two-paced, which made stroke-making difficult.

"I would say it is a decent total because there is enough turn," Pujara said of India's 250 for 9. "Ashwin will also come into play. Sometimes when you are seeing it on TV, it doesn't look like it is doing a lot but when I batted in the first and second sessions, I felt it wasn't easy to bat on. I will share my experience of what line and length to bowl on this pitch with our fast bowlers.

"It is the grass. The odd ball is skidding on, and the odd ball is holding a bit more from the grass. I would say it is kind of a two-paced pitch, not easy to bat on."

Though D2 and D3, the pitch could ease out relatively but now the bowlers have some total to work with