Is Ishant Sharma's recent success due to Jason Gillespie?

Is Ishant Sharma's recent success due to Jason Gillespie?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ishant Sharma's recent success due to Jason Gillespie?

Being the third seamer means u'll be the first to be dropped to accommodate a promising quick. I don't think kaptaan aggro will drop his dilli buddy anytime soon. He was good in Eng but that was the best bowling conditions available, looks quite average here in Aus & this is his 4th tour. 

When it comes to numbers, he's managed 4/41 this inning. Sure makes for a great average. If anyone watched, they'd know how crap he was, the main 2 wickets came while trying to hoick him behind the wicket off ordinary short deliveries. I didn't watch the last 2 and can't judge on whether he produced wicket taking deliveries like Yadav & Bumrah did for wicket 7 & 8.

9 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Bowled shyt today again, just fyi. I am not big fan. In the end closed it out but we had a poor start today.

Bumrah and Shami/Umeshs hould have started.

Imagine this - Shami, Umesh, ishant are all hitting age of 30 or more. 

if you are true India fan, you know its a worry as we only have one young bowler ready to plau test cricket over seas and that is Bumrah. Don’t you think its time to blood other youngsters than play same group of players again who will ofcourse click once in a while after playing tons of games?

No one saying to drop all of them. Thing is we need to start rotating at least one youngster so we can have proper transition.

30 is not that old even for a pacer. We can have that conversation 2-3 years down the line.

We have no standout pacer at the India 'A' level. And we don't have a great history of developing fast bowlers either. So every single fast bowler that's doing well, you protect them as long as they're good. You don't push an average youngster over someone who's actually performing because knowing our fast bowling culture, he might end up being complete trash and we'll waste many years trying to develop him in the hope that he'll come good some day.

We have three bowlers who've been bowling at an average of 20-something this year. Even considering the conditions they've been bowling in, that's excellent. The last thing we want is a rookie coming in and spraying the ball around, completely ruining the good work of the other two pacers. 

3 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

30 is not that old even for a pacer. We can have that conversation 2-3 years down the line.

We have no standout pacer at the India 'A' level. And we don't have a great history of developing fast bowlers either. So every single fast bowler that's doing well, you protect them as long as they're good. You don't push an average youngster over someone who's actually performing because knowing our fast bowling culture, he might end up being complete trash and we'll waste many years trying to develop him in the hope that he'll come good some day.

We have three bowlers who've been bowling at an average of 20-something this year. Even considering the conditions they've been bowling in, that's excellent. The last thing we want is a rookie coming in and spraying the ball around, completely ruining the good work of the other two pacers. 

Check Siraj's record for the 'A' team recently,  if that's not standout performance I don't know what is

3 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

No 30 is not old. I am hitting around same age and I fully sympathize with people of that age period playing professional cricket. I am

all for playing them.  My only thing is that we must prelare for future by at least rotating and giving chance to few you gaters so we have a proper pool of bowlers who have transitioned well.

We got Pujara this way into line up too and it saved us big time what otherwise was a disastrous 2011 period for our team.

We always need to work on transition even if current players are doing fine, just because you never know who might get injured and then we can be in big trouble as the incoming bowler might be too raw docile because of lack of experience. 

Have your big pool of bowlers and use them around and not just stick to same set of bowlers. This will fire all players up to perform also.

4 hours ago, Cricketics said:

No 30 is not old. I am hitting around same age and I fully sympathize with people of that age period playing professional cricket. I am

all for playing them.  My only thing is that we must prelare for future by at least rotating and giving chance to few you gaters so we have a proper pool of bowlers who have transitioned well.

We got Pujara this way into line up too and it saved us big time what otherwise was a disastrous 2011 period for our team.

We always need to work on transition even if current players are doing fine, just because you never know who might get injured and then we can be in big trouble as the incoming bowler might be too raw docile because of lack of experience. 

Have your big pool of bowlers and use them around and not just stick to same set of bowlers. This will fire all players up to perform also.

An away Test series to Australia isn't when you want to experiment in terms of bowlers. Ideally, you want your best set of bowlers travelling with the squad. You can give chances to younger players in home series and take them overseas after they impress at home.

18 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

An away Test series to Australia isn't when you want to experiment in terms of bowlers. Ideally, you want your best set of bowlers travelling with the squad. You can give chances to younger players in home series and take them overseas after they impress at home.

You can't do that, becuase lengths and SG ball are totally different ball game. Yadav is prime example, he does well at home but he is utter crap away.

You need to blood them in away series only.

18 hours ago, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

You can't do that, becuase lengths and SG ball are totally different ball game. Yadav is prime example, he does well at home but he is utter crap away.

You need to blood them in away series only.