Virat Kohli OUT OR NOTOUT?

Rasgulla

9 hours ago, Pollack said:

If there is clear evidence to prove otherwise, then the decision is overturned, no?  Here I think footage was clear enough to overturn the soft signal.

I don't think there was conclusive evidence to overturn the on field call. You need to be 100% sure that he grassed the ball in case the soft signal was out which wasn't the case. I am okay with it. Sometimes it goes against you, sometimes it works for you. You gotta take it as it is. But I want Indian fielders to claim these catches confidently, often they tell the umpire that they're unsure which forces the on field umpire to give a not out soft signal. Aussies or English players would never do that. 

Edited by zep1706
9 hours ago, Vilander said:

595424_e3178077aec1a0ba26cc02eba2e8e04e.

Even if there are no fingers between ball and grass, the fingers are on the ball whenever it seems to have got the grass. It did not bounce on the grass before sticking to the fielders fingers. It is simultaneously on the ground and the fingers of the fielder.

Although I would think this is NOT OUT, I see that most such instances are given OUT by the third umpire in recent times. 

Unless there is evidence that the ball BOUNCED on the grass before the fielder got his fingers to the ball, i.e. there is atleast one video frame where the ball is back in air AFTER it hit the ground and BEFORE the fielder got his fingers on the ball, it is always deemed that the catch is clean!

So, I m not saying it is clean but that's how the umpires seem to look at it as. I dont have problem with it as long as it is uniformly applied to all teams. 

9 hours ago, Vilander said:

595424_e3178077aec1a0ba26cc02eba2e8e04e.

Even if there are no fingers between ball and grass, the fingers are on the ball whenever it seems to have got the grass. It did not bounce on the grass before sticking to the fielders fingers. It is simultaneously on the ground and the fingers of the fielder.

Although I would think this is NOT OUT, I see that most such instances are given OUT by the third umpire in recent times. 

Unless there is evidence that the ball BOUNCED on the grass before the fielder got his fingers to the ball, i.e. there is atleast one video frame where the ball is back in air AFTER it hit the ground and BEFORE the fielder got his fingers on the ball, it is always deemed that the catch is clean!

So, I m not saying it is clean but that's how the umpires seem to look at it as. I dont have problem with it as long as it is uniformly applied to all teams.