Dhoni's captaincy : Call my judgment premature but,

Ram

Dravid had much greater success at this stage of his ODI captaincy than Dhoni did. Lets see where Dhoni is in 2 years. So far so good though' date=' for the most part.[/quote'] Keep in mind the opponents MSD & Co. have after MSD was given Captaincy . 1st it was 20/20 Wc then Pakistan series and Aussie tour,so no respite. And given the opportunity he has done exceeding well.

Dhoni is acting very arrogant. 1. he should not have criticised Rohit sharma by attributing his mistake as the reason for india losing the low scoring one day against aussies. 2. Sehwag will always be in the one day team, his excellent catching, very penetrative bowling, good fielding, and his explosive batting is an asset to any team.we need him at the top of the order. But Dhoni keeps him out of the team unnecessarily, and that affects Sehwag's confidence and performance 3 .He goes public with his criticism of Sree santh and openly supports crap Munaf Patel.There is no comparison between Munaf and Sreesanth on current form.Sree brings lot of much needed aggression to the attack.He is needed in finals 4. Dhoni goes out of the way to sing the praises of Yuvi. hope he can maintain same consistency with Sehwag and others too. He keeps Raina out of the team and gives Tewary who lands up barely 36 hours in australia, a chance against Lee & Co. says , he took a gamble. he need not gamble on indian team.

Dhoni is acting very arrogant. 1. he should not have criticised Rohit sharma by attributing his mistake as the reason for india losing the low scoring one day against aussies. 2. Sehwag will always be in the one day team, his excellent catching, very penetrative bowling, good fielding, and his explosive batting is an asset to any team.we need him at the top of the order. But Dhoni keeps him out of the team unnecessarily, and that affects Sehwag's confidence and performance 3 .He goes public with his criticism of Sree santh and openly supports crap Munaf Patel.There is no comparison between Munaf and Sreesanth on current form.Sree brings lot of much needed aggression to the attack.He is needed in finals 4. Dhoni goes out of the way to sing the praises of Yuvi. hope he can maintain same consistency with Sehwag and others too. He keeps Raina out of the team and gives Tewary who lands up barely 36 hours in australia, a chance against Lee & Co. says , he took a gamble. he need not gamble on indian team.
If he praises the youngsters in public he should reserve the right to criticize them in public as well. He took a gamble it failed, it happens. Every captain has taken gambles some have paid off some haven't. We should wait till at least half the year is over before making comparisions.
I think Dhoni is the best Indian captain I have ever seen. Azhar was a match-fixer, Sachin didnt have the brains to be captain, Ganguly was too emotional and Dravid was too muted. Dhoni is all I want from a captain. He is a smart performer, very cool, never gets flustered, tactically very sound but beyond all, he is one of the top performing players of the side. He has had a tough start to his captaincy stint, with nearly 60% of his games against Australia, but his record still reads decent. We have a gem here ! No wonder he is worth $1.5 million !
no way. Lets see what happens when he becomes the Test captain. Sehwag has to be captain, he's got one of the strongest cricketing brains in the world. His contribution was so critical to us winning the Perth Test. He told Jumbo to continue with Ishant, then Ishant had Punter next ball. He also bowled Gilly which was cruical and remember his cruical knocks at the top.
I think Dhoni is the best Indian captain I have ever seen. Azhar was a match-fixer, Sachin didnt have the brains to be captain, Ganguly was too emotional and Dravid was too muted. Dhoni is all I want from a captain. He is a smart performer, very cool, never gets flustered, tactically very sound but beyond all, he is one of the top performing players of the side. He has had a tough start to his captaincy stint, with nearly 60% of his games against Australia, but his record still reads decent. We have a gem here ! No wonder he is worth $1.5 million !
Well, Dhoni doesnt actually think in cricketing terms, he plays players because he THINKS they MIGHT play well.

Dhoni has been blessed with batsmen at their peak and the best pace bowlers in Indias history, in fact an embarrassment of pace bowling riches. I could captain this team to victory myself. Id like to see him captain Gangulys team or Azhars team or any previous Indian team where we had either part-timers like Ganguly or even spinners opening our bowling. A captain is only as good as his tools, Ganguly is the best captain we've ever had in my time.

Good call there Sriram, but a bit premature to call him the greatest Indian captain. The greatness of the Indian captain should be based on his exploits in the more important test series. Dhoni is still an unestablished material in tests. Dhoni at this moment, does not command the same respect as a test player, as he does as a ODI player. Once he secures his own spot, he will likely get his test captaincy, at which point we can judge him better.

Good call there Sriram' date='[b'] but a bit premature to call him the greatest Indian captain. The greatness of the Indian captain should be based on his exploits in the more important test series. Dhoni is still an unestablished material in tests. Dhoni at this moment, does not command the same respect as a test player, as he does as a ODI player. Once he secures his own spot, he will likely get his test captaincy, at which point we can judge him better.
I think Dhoni is the best Indian captain I have ever seen.
:D Actually Bumps, Me thinks his contribution in the test team has been as vital as any member too. Consider this, in the last 3 test series in which we have done well, Dhoni has, - Played a match-saving innings in lords, in the first test match in england, enabling us to win the series later on. - Was involved in a match-winning partnership in first test match against Pakistan in Delhi with Laxman after we were in big trouble at 90/5 in the first innings, the only test we won in the series - Was involved in a crucial partnership with Laxman in the second innings at Perth, which helped us set a 400+ target for the Aussies. He hasnt made any BIG score, which is why we feel as though he hasnt made any worthwhile contribution, but his role in the longer form of the game is no less important.
Most of your comments are:haha::haha: