We should try to fit Shami in Worldcup XI

Nikola

3 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Play Shami against the good sides (Aus, Eng, NZ) and Pak

Play Bhuvi against the other sides, so Shami gets rested adequately, and is fresh for knockouts.

In end bhuvi with his great stats against minnows will merit position in knockout games. The same thing in test matches where umesh has to do all hard work on flat indian pitches and you replace him with bhuvi for helpful pitches like eden gardens. Just play bhuvi for all test matches and let him work hard on flat indian pitches? if he can't do then just look forward towards new youngsters who can bowl in all conditions.

4 hours ago, Nikola said:

In end bhuvi with his great stats against minnows will merit position in knockout games. The same thing in test matches where umesh has to do all hard work on flat indian pitches and you replace him with bhuvi for helpful pitches like eden gardens. Just play bhuvi for all test matches and let him work hard on flat indian pitches? if he can't do then just look forward towards new youngsters who can bowl in all conditions.

Agree. But as long as the TM is conscious about why they are doing it, stats shouldn't matter. 

I fear for Shami's workload... A full length IPL is going to take a toll on him.. 

Edited by bowl_out
3 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Agree. But as long as the TM is conscious about why they are doing it, stats shouldn't matter. 

I fear for Shami's workload... A full length IPL is going to take a toll on him.. 

Shami is useless in t20s and ipls. He can learn more about death bowling though but i doubt he is good t20 bowler anyway.

46 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Has bowled great again today. In this rhythm he is as good as bumrah if not better.

We win the cup I think or are 2nd favorite if both Bumrah and Shami are in the side, along with Chahal and Kuldeep. 

We have so many potent wicket-takers. 

I rate Bumrah higher because he is good in all three phases of the innings.

2 minutes ago, Moochad said:

We win the cup I think or are 2nd favorite if both Bumrah and Shami are in the side, along with Chahal and Kuldeep. 

We have so many potent wicket-takers. 

I rate Bumrah higher because he is good in all three phases of the innings.

Obviously not comparing bumrah & shami. Bumrah's death bowling can't be compared to anyone but shami picks 80% wicket against top & middle order batsman which is really really important.