Virat Kohli rested for last two New Zealand ODIs

Mosher

On 1/24/2019 at 12:39 PM, Gollum said:

He should have at least played the complete ODI leg in NZ, he also should have played the Asia Cup. Why did he play the WI ODIs? If he makes himself available for the Australia home ODI series it will be clear that he is only there to inflate his numbers. Who sits out of the difficult assignments and makes himself available for cakewalk matches?

As soon as he was made test captain he tried to skip the Bangla tour but somehow skipping IPL (rest, not injury related) is unimaginable for him....questionable priorities. Indian captaincy is not a laughing matter, now expect Kohli bhakts to downvote me in 3...2...1..

On 1/24/2019 at 1:15 PM, SK_IH said:

Agree with you. He could have rested from the useless ODI series aginst Aus in Feb. That again would be a stats boosting exercise. 

@SK_IH We got the answer. He'll play all the 5 ODIs and 3 T20s against Australia at home. What a shameless stats booster !!!! This is why I don't give a * about overall ODI/T20 stats. Also why it isn't clear cut that Kohli is among the all time ODI greats....sure he has wonderful numbers but how much weightage should we give them considering he never shows up in big events and matches. 

Edited by Gollum
8 hours ago, Gollum said:

@SK_IH We got the answer. He'll play all the 5 ODIs and 3 T20s against Australia at home. What a shameless stats booster !!!! This is why I don't give a * about overall ODI/T20 stats. Also why it isn't clear cut that Kohli is among the all time ODI greats....sure he has wonderful numbers but how much weightage should we give them considering he never shows up in big events and matches. 

In T20s he has done it but ODIs he still has to have that outstanding performance.I am hoping he would put paid to this notion of not showing up in big matches in 2019

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

In T20s he has done it but ODIs he still has to have that outstanding performance.I am hoping he would put paid to this notion of not showing up in big matches in 2019

In T20s he is undisputed GOAT IMO, better than Gayle....IPL is sideshow there, VK lit up 2 back to back WT20s including in the SF/F stage. Not once have I denied that on this forum, it is only ODI cricket where I give his bhakts a hard time. Good yes, but to see people run down Viv, Sachin, Ponting to elevate brat is irksome. 

25 minutes ago, Gollum said:

In T20s he is undisputed GOAT IMO, better than Gayle....IPL is sideshow there, VK lit up 2 back to back WT20s including in the SF/F stage. Not once have I denied that on this forum, it is only ODI cricket where I give his bhakts a hard time. Good yes, but to see people run down Viv, Sachin, Ponting to elevate brat is irksome. 

Agree with you, WC 2019 would define Virat's ODI legacy in more ways than one