India. Pakistan. Chennai. 1999

SK_IH

6 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Could have used a lighter bat. He was asking for trouble when he used heavy bats for a short guy like him. Those were the days when India was not a big draw. So he played like 5 tests/year and around 40 ODIs/year. So it is not that much strenuous than playing 12 tests and 20 ODIs. Its due to poor physical fitness. Must have eaten lots of vada pavs maybe :laugh:.

Sachin gets a lot of sympathy points that others don't get. Even VVS had the same back pain and he also had to shelve some shots. Him dancing down the wicket to spin was nowhere to be seen in his later years. But it didnt affect the game and he played a lot of clutch 4th innings batting with the tail that Sachin didn't manage to do. And he didn't get man of the match awards in a losing match :phehe:

:ahhhhh:You think that was down to his bat weight? Try that fast jerky moment with lightest bat.

as gollum said, Kapil paaji played despite career threatening injury, sachin too played despite career threatening injuries.

He didnt had the option to rest. It was very clear from early career of his.

btw, test matches used to last 5 days and batsmen used to bat longer. 

1 hour ago, mishra said:

:ahhhhh:You think that was down to his bat weight? Try that fast jerky moment with lightest bat.

as gollum said, Kapil paaji played despite career threatening injury, sachin too played despite career threatening injuries.

He didnt had the option to rest. It was very clear from early career of his.

btw, test matches used to last 5 days and batsmen used to bat longer. 

My point exactly. We used to play 5 tests per year whereas Aus/Eng used to play 12 tests on average. Aus/Eng players had more chances of getting injured. Why is this injury excuse only applicable to Sachin and not to other players even our players such as VVS and co. And your comment about jerky movement or whatever, thats his choice. He could cut down the shot and play other shots. VVS cut down a lot of shots that was seen earlier in his career due to back injury.

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

My point exactly. We used to play 5 tests per year whereas Aus/Eng used to play 12 tests on average. Aus/Eng players had more chances of getting injured. Why is this injury excuse only applicable to Sachin and not to other players even our players such as VVS and co. And your comment about jerky movement or whatever, thats his choice. He could cut down the shot and play other shots. VVS cut down a lot of shots that was seen earlier in his career due to back injury.

First thing first. I am not one of those who will get offended if you say Sachin hasnt got biggest set of oats compared to cricketing goat xyz. 

But i will put my view about injury. Main reason i see is him overtrying. Azahar used him for everything. He used to bowl so manynovers and occasionally got some magical delivery too.

And  behind his back ,allmost  whole effing mofos team were fixing games. That include our greatest too. And fans here, blame him for choking

1 hour ago, mishra said:

First thing first. I am not one of those who will get offended if you say Sachin hasnt got biggest set of oats compared to cricketing goat xyz. 

But i will put my view about injury. Main reason i see is him overtrying. Azahar used him for everything. He used to bowl so manynovers and occasionally got some magical delivery too.

And  behind his back ,allmost  whole effing mofos team were fixing games. That include our greatest too. And fans here, blame him for choking

they were fixing in front of him as well :lol: