ISSF World Cup: After no visa to Pakistan, IOC revokes two Olympic quotas and suspends talks with India for hosting future events

vayuu1

36 minutes ago, Gollum said:

There were only 2 shooters from Pak, more like hobbyists. GOI shouldn't have taken panga with IOC. 

Of course Russian govt failed their people. They were running a state sanctioned doping program and rightfully got embarrassed by the governing body. It was humiliation for them and for the reputation of their athletes. Their track and field athletes were consciously cheating, what wrong have our athletes done? They might have to pay because Modi govt doesn't have the spine to take any concrete action, instead relying on cheap gimmicks.

Doval's son can have a Pak! business partner but an elite Indian athlete can't be in the same building as some random Pak! journeyman....can't you see the hypocrisy? And never doubt the patriotism of our shooters, boxers and wrestlers.....authorities can't use them as a plaything to make them prove their love for the country. And I am sure you realize that these low profile athletes are in a different boat far apart from cricketers, they have 1-2 shots at glory in their lives and if even that is denied their entire life comes to waste. 

so would you be alright with letting these pakistani sportsmen in the country? then you can't go and criticize govt for letting them in at a time that 50 soldiers died. you see this govt or any govt in general is damned if they do and damned if they don't. 

Edited by FischerTal

7 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

so would you be alright with letting these pakistani sportsmen in the country? then you can't go and criticize govt for letting them in at a time that 50 soldiers died. you see this govt or any govt in general is damned if they do and damned if they don't. 

Of course I would be OK not because of any special love for them but because of possible repercussions courtesy IOC. Anyway these events are low profile, could easily have been suppressed. This isn't a bilateral cricket match, this is an Olympics related event where no Pak! will ever qualify to the main event. The competition for us is rest of the world. 

This govt is spineless, just like every other govt this country has seen. And they resort to these cheapos to make some noise. Again asking should Doval's son be asked to dissociate with the Pak! businessman? Can't have one rule for some people and another for rest of India. 

23 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Of course I would be OK not because of any special love for them but because of possible repercussions courtesy IOC. Anyway these events are low profile, could easily have been suppressed. This isn't a bilateral cricket match, this is an Olympics related event where no Pak! will ever qualify to the main event. The competition for us is rest of the world. 

This govt is spineless, just like every other govt this country has seen. And they resort to these cheapos to make some noise. Again asking should Doval's son be asked to dissociate with the Pak! businessman? Can't have one rule for some people and another for rest of India. 

absolutely. guj farmers are taking a loss right now because they put a complete ban on exporting tomatoes and spices to pakistan. it is only fair that everyone else follow that step. 

i partly agree with you on the spineless part because they have no actual policy in kashmir where they take one step after another. its just been reactionary politics, however when it comes to modernization of armed forces, this govt has done far better than other govts. 

i don't agree with you on the sportsmen issue. there are past instances of countries boycotting olympics because they put national pride first but we can agree to disagree.

39 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

absolutely. guj farmers are taking a loss right now because they put a complete ban on exporting tomatoes and spices to pakistan. it is only fair that everyone else follow that step. 

Govt can make arrangements of alternate markets for them. Besides the Indo-Pak trade was minuscule, shouldn't be tough to compensate them. 

Yes everyone should do their bit, including the middle class...but all we do is show outrage and expect everyone else to do their bit. To get everyone involved, govt should formulate some policy or issue guidelines, they should lead by example. 

i partly agree with you on the spineless part because they have no actual policy in kashmir where they take one step after another. its just been reactionary politics, however when it comes to modernization of armed forces, this govt has done far better than other govts. 

I agree with you.

i don't agree with you on the sportsmen issue. there are past instances of countries boycotting olympics because they put national pride first but we can agree to disagree.

Past instances of boycotting Olympics because of the venues..1980 Moscow and 1984 LA. If it comes to us having to participate in Pak, hell no way would I want that. But here the venues are suitable for us, if Pak wants let them boycott. Anyway they don't have any standing, we will never cross swords with them in these events. Neither do they have any interest in these disciplines, they are a one sport country these days...we are finally developing into a multi-sports country and can't stall....we have everything to lose, Pak have absolutely nothing to lose. 

If we want to enforce an apartheid RSA type ban on them I am all for it. But GOI has to take the first steps. They are yet to declare Pak a terror state, how will rest of the world support us when we ourselves seem so disinterested? Hell we haven't named Pakistan in the joint resolution condemning the Pulwama attack. There are a number of steps that need to be taken before even talking about sports. But govt wants to take the easy way out, all will be forgotten after some time and we will be back to square one. Only sufferers in the meantime will be our own people. 

Edited by Gollum