Prithvi Shaw or KL Rahul - Who should be the back opener in world cup?

1 hour ago, jusarrived said:

I dont think Mayank is technically better equipped , yes hes looking better these days and I would pick him ahead of KL now . its more form and confidence of truckloads of runs in domestic which is the difference . 

Mayank looked  lot more compact than Rahul in the few chances he got at the highest level. To score 76,42,77 in the 3 inns he got to play in AUS at the highest level that too as an opener shows me what I firmly believe in is correct. Mayank can always provide those starts irrespective of   formats or conditions as an opener.

2 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Mayank looked  lot more compact than Rahul in the few chances he got at the highest level. To score 76,42,77 in the 3 inns he got to play in AUS at the highest level that too as an opener shows me what I firmly believe in is correct. Mayank can always provide those starts irrespective of   formats or conditions as an opener.

Am not saying mayank is not good and neither am I saying he should not be picked . 

On 4/1/2019 at 10:08 AM, putrevus said:

Can Mayank score a 30 ball fifty, if he can he should be in team.He can build innings if early wickets fall that we know but can he score fast in the question.

In ODI you don't need to score a 30 ball fifty every time. You would rather want 90 ball 100. INdian batting is very light. Not enough players who have the ability to bat long at a decent clip. EIther they play long and play too slow or they play fast and they don't last long. Only top 3 has the ability to do a bit of both Agarwal is definitely an upgrade.

the most important matter is that Mayank  deserves his chances. If Rohit Sharma & Rahul with their respective list A records were credited with one day spots, then Mayank with convincingly better list A record than both of them deserved his chances in the team more than both of them.As simple as that. Whether he turns out to be better than both or not  in ODIs is different matter altogether.But he deserved his chances a lot earlier and  incompetence of 'Sastri, Prasad  combo' denied him that.