Victory thread: India U19 Champions

This is a very unhealthy trend...Cricket is being hyped up too much' date=' way too much.[/quote'] Yes, this is nothing but politicians vying for cheap publicity. Unhealthy trend, and unfortunately watch as the state governments start jumping into the act after this stunt by Pawar. They will continue and extend this unhealthy trend. This is just u-19 wc for heavensake!!! (and technicality is also that D/L converted the score from 160 in 50 overs to 116 in 25!!!) But, all those apart, this is plain OTT!
So you don't celebrate a lottery win? Or do you keep sulking that other deserving needy ones didn't win it?
Are we talking about players and their friends going out to a party to celebrate it? That they can do - its their private celebration much like you would do in the situation you described above. ^

Me thinks it's sort of over the top as well.. a 19-yr old getting that treatment is very different from a 25-30 yr old getting the same treatment.... As the hindi expression goes - sar par chaddha ke rakhna nahin chahiye... A party or something like that might make sense ... and I completely agree they deserve it .. but disrupting movement through a city isn't really up there in my book.