Finally they are using Analytics for Player Selection

Khota

15 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

what numbers

an avg of 29 n s/r 84 which reduces to 82 when he bats at 7.........

I dnt give a fck about avg at 7 but that s/r is horrible......u call that numbers :hysterical:

remind me when did he do with something with bat last time in LOI .............cmmn it wud be easy as the guy has only 3-4 good innings in 10 long yr career 

At 7 you expect him to score a century?

3 hours ago, Khota said:

At 7 you expect him to score a century?

read my comments carefully 

13 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

at 7, avg n 100s shud not be seen

18 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt give a fck about avg at 7 but that s/r is horrible......u call that numbers :hysterical:

i particualry pointed our at 7 - avg n 100s shudnt be looked at ,s/r shud be

But since u said his numbers are good whats good in those numbers tell me .......at 7 u shud look at s/r .....u call that a good s/r 

2 hours ago, Khota said:

You need to decouple from human emotion because they don't do anything. You can keep on fine tuning these algorithms till youi achieve a desired result. If you have doubts then just remember Deep Blue and that was a decade back. With AI things are changing rapidly so multiple inputs can be accounted for.

As far as picking a algorithm book my formal education is upto high school only.

I see, well I won't go into details about algorithms but deep blue and cricket analysis is different. Deep blue knew all the existing moves of a chess games - human emotion has nothing to do in this situation. It only plays according to the moves. You can be crying/angry/sad/etc and playing, doesn't mean the algorithm will pay attention to your human emotion in this scenerio. However, cricket, soccer, baseball, etc, requires physical movements, not just sitting down and moving a piece (which the algorithm only pays attention to for deepblue). Physical movement in moving sports comes down to not just skills, but emotions, match situation, confidence, etc. 

It's a bit harder to explain this to someone who has no prior knowledge on how an algorithm works (no insult intended here). Our current algorithms are getting advanced but not there to take human emotions into consideration yet (atleast to my knowledge). I presume once we have human intelligence AI, it would become somewhat possible. 

Perhaps a good example will be the WT20 match vs Bangladesh. What was our chance of winning once Mushfiqur hit that boundary and started dancing like a monkey? Pretty low. Probability was on Bangladesh's side to win the match. I don't remember what the estimation was, but I would presume over 80-90%. But human emotion took affect and they handed us the game on a platter. An algorithm would only show you the probability of inida/BD's chance on winning the game on that last over, but will not show you for say the f*ck up that was about to come purely from human emotion. Would a different batsmen in Mushfiqur have won them the game? What if it was Tamim or Shakib batting in that Situation? You know what I mean. LOL ... well enough of that I guess. Let's leave it at agree to disagree.

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

:bow:

All I said I was human and some are more and make poor choices. Computers dont do that. read in between the lines. If jumping to conclusion was an olympic event you would win a gold medal every year.

5 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

I see, well I won't go into details about algorithms but deep blue and cricket analysis is different. Deep blue knew all the existing moves of a chess games - human emotion has nothing to do in this situation. It only plays according to the moves. You can be crying/angry/sad/etc and playing, doesn't mean the algorithm will pay attention to your human emotion in this scenerio. However, cricket, soccer, baseball, etc, requires physical movements, not just sitting down and moving a piece (which the algorithm only pays attention to for deepblue). Physical movement in moving sports comes down to not just skills, but emotions, match situation, confidence, etc. 

It's a bit harder to explain this to someone who has no prior knowledge on how an algorithm works (no insult intended here). Our current algorithms are getting advanced but not there to take human emotions into consideration yet (atleast to my knowledge). I presume once we have human intelligence AI, it would become somewhat possible. 

Perhaps a good example will be the WT20 match vs Bangladesh. What was our chance of winning once Mushfiqur hit that boundary and started dancing like a monkey? Pretty low. Probability was on Bangladesh's side to win the match. I don't remember what the estimation was, but I would presume over 80-90%. But human emotion took affect and they handed us the game on a platter. An algorithm would only show you the probability of inida/BD's chance on winning the game on that last over, but will not show you for say the f*ck up that was about to come purely from human emotion. Would a different batsmen in Mushfiqur have won them the game? What if it was Tamim or Shakib batting in that Situation? You know what I mean. LOL ... well enough of that I guess. Let's leave it at agree to disagree.

You ar emissingthe point. You keep on talking about human emotions but there is no proof they do matter in game situation. Discipline and training gets you thru.

Getting back to algorithms they are getting better by the day. They can take into account how a peson performs under pressure situation. Once again if all these control laws can make planes fly flawlessly (more or less) picking a team is walk in the park.

4 minutes ago, Khota said:

All I said I was human and some are more and make poor choices. Computers dont do that. read in between the lines. If jumping to conclusion was an olympic event you would win a gold medal every year.

emotion ke maare vyakti dusro ko data ka gyaan kyun dete ho

u see u cant take emotion out of the game which no computer can account for . If u the best call of giving last over to joginder sharma was taken on instinct n seeing how bhajji body language was looking depleted that time. computer cant take into fact that when u put guys like mishra under pressure he bottles 

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

emotion ke maare vyakti dusro ko data ka gyaan kyun dete ho

u see u cant take emotion out of the game which no computer can account for . If u the best call of giving last over to joginder sharma was taken on instinct n seeing how bhajji body language was looking depleted that time. computer cant take into fact that when u put guys like mishra under pressure he bottles 

You do know how to twist facts. Harbhajan decided at that time the last over should not go to offie against pakistan and should go to a pace bowler. Not much to read there.

Look at the current performance of Jadeja and tell me about the mythical replacement that you have.

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ashwin 12 wkts

Jaddu- 9 (and jaddu has bowled on chennai turner)

Batting

Ashwin s/r 175

Jaddu  104 :hysterical:........what a looser ....this guy bats at 7 

That is why you are so intellectually a dishonest person.

Look at their batting averages, economy rate etc. Jadeja is far more valuable than Ashwin.

You have a bad habit of supprting non performers who are not anywhere near the team today.

Just now, Khota said:

That is why you are so intellectually a dishonest person.

Look at their batting averages, economy rate etc. Jadeja is far more valuable than Ashwin.

why wud u look at avg of someone batting at 7 .........

What do i do with jadeja avg when he has mostly harmed his team with bat 

economy- why dont u look at the pitch were ashwin bowls n where jaduu bowls in IPL being honest to ur self 

Werent u the same guys who criticized these guys for not taking wkts now u cnt suppourt ur arguments with wkts so u take eco out ....srsly

jaddu bowls on rank turner like chennai, ashwin bowls on a patta of mohali 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

why wud u look at avg of someone batting at 7 .........

What do i do with jadeja avg when he has mostly harmed his team with bat 

economy- why dont u look at the pitch were ashwin bowls n where jaduu bowls in IPL being honest to ur self 

Werent u the same guys who criticized these guys for not taking wkts now u cnt suppourt ur arguments with wkts so u take eco out ....srsly

jaddu bowls on rank turner like chennai, ashwin bowls on a patta of mohali 

Jaddu's economy is better. He is scoring more runs. His fileding is electric. But Ashwin is a better player. Jaddu is sharing his workload with other spinners who are superior to Ashwin and that explains his couple of fewer wkts. Ashwin was the worst player in CT. Worst.

Aren't you the same guy who said Vijay is a better bat than Dhawan and when I showed you the numbers you started deducting runs for a dropped catch. Enough.

5 hours ago, Khota said:

Jaddu's economy is better.

coz jaddu is bowling on spin freindly tracks

ashwin wkt taking is better

He is scoring more runs.

Coz he got more opp to bat as CSK top order has failed and KXIP has batted better. Still jaddu has batted horribly 

His fileding is electric. But Ashwin is a better player. Jaddu is sharing his workload with other spinners who are superior to Ashwin and that explains his couple of fewer wkts. Ashwin was the worst player in CT. Worst.

No doubt jaddu is better fielder then anyone forget ashwin

Jaddu was equally bad infact more for his idiocy for running pandya out in final 

So a guy taking less wkts on a rank turner is better then a guy who is taking more wkts on patta wkts....wah

Aren't you the same guy who said Vijay is a better bat than Dhawan and when I showed you the numbers you started deducting runs for a dropped catch. Enough.

i still say vijay is better then dhawan, show me what dhawan has done in test cricket 

omg what a genius 

in test cricket- openers 1st job is to play out new balls so his job needs to be analysed in a diff

In loi at 7, u have to score quick which is what pandya does and ashwin has done better then jaddu who his horrible at 7. Who on earth notices avg on 7 .........no one .....if avg was the case at 7 teams wud have played players like pujara , cook not pandya or russell 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
On 4/24/2019 at 7:20 AM, Khota said:

You ar emissingthe point. You keep on talking about human emotions but there is no proof they do matter in game situation. Discipline and training gets you thru.

Getting back to algorithms they are getting better by the day. They can take into account how a peson performs under pressure situation. Once again if all these control laws can make planes fly flawlessly (more or less) picking a team is walk in the park.

You don't even know wtf you're talking about do you? If you can't tell the difference between why a plane can fly using comp program vs your so called performance, go read an algorithm book then come write down your bs comments here. Watched too many documentaries?

And when you say "they", which field of they are you talking about? Since I also work in the field of "they" ...

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

coz jaddu is bowling on spin freindly tracks

ashwin wkt taking is better

Coz he got more opp to bat as CSK top order has failed and KXIP has batted better. Still jaddu has batted horribly 

No doubt jaddu is better fielder then anyone forget ashwin

Jaddu was equally bad infact more for his idiocy for running pandya out in final 

i still say vijay is better then dhawan, show me what dhawan has done in test cricket 

omg what a genius 

in test cricket- openers 1st job is to play out new balls so his job needs to be analysed in a diff

In loi at 7, u have to score quick which is what pandya does and ashwin has done better then jaddu who his horrible at 7. Who on earth notices avg on 7 .........no one .....if avg was the case at 7 teams wud have played players like pujara , cook not pandya or russell 

We ca go around and around. Jadeja is taking kts while sharing his quota with two spinners better than Ashwin.

As far as Dhawan is concerned multiple times I pointed out to you he was scoring more runs than Vijay when they were on at the same time. You chose to ignore the obvious.

3 hours ago, Zero_Unit said:

You don't even know wtf you're talking about do you? If you can't tell the difference between why a plane can fly using comp program vs your so called performance, go read an algorithm book then come write down your bs comments here. Watched too many documentaries?

And when you say "they", which field of they are you talking about? Since I also work in the field of "they" ...

One introductory level course and you are an expert. Moron.