Ishant Sharma's injury update

Feed

he jus had 4-5 days of rest.... and bowled just 8 overs after tht..... ok, let me sum it up..... over 7-8 days, he would have bowled 8 overs, from last match to next match.... how much more rest should a 19 yr old get??? ok, there is some finger injury.... if it aint broken, get him some painkillers and injections and put him on the field, i say.... no time to be a poosy now....

He should play no matter what. A minor inflammation in the finger is no big deal' date=' it's not like he tore a hamstring or had some severe back injury. Pump the kid up with some painkillers and make him bowl 7 overs. He has been a key player in all of India's matches against Australia so far.[/quote'] It's his bowling hand. The middle finger grips the seam. No-no.
patel...munaf patel that is
Like Roger Patel says, he must also have 3 'P's P for Powerful ( to bowl with 145+ to disgust the batsmen ) P for Penetration ( to bowl to take wickets ) P for Proficient ( to bowl to the field in an attacking manner ) I bet he would be the pick of the bowlers, if he takes care of his fitness and these 3 'P's.
Brilliant!:hysterical:
You think this is a joke? At least if he lost his index finger he could still show the middle finger but losing his middle finger means no middle finger OR no V sign either. This is an indian cricketing tragedy :finger:
Ravi, I pray that he's ruled out of the rest of thise series, however many games that may be. The lad's been worked to the ground, and a minor injury may be a blessing in disguise. We need him to be in fine fettle for the Tests v South Africa.
Is that really true??? Ishant Sharma made his debut May25th 2007. So till date he has about 9 months of International experience, give or take. In 9 months he has played 5 Tests, 10 LOI and a 20/20. Lets compare it with Kapil Dev who in his first 9 months of cricket had played 10 Tests and 6 LOI. Just for curioisity in the same 9 months Kapil had bowled a grand total of 375 overs (320 in Tests, 55 in LOI). Ishant has bowled 222 overs, close to 60% of Kapil's effort. And I can safely say Kapil would have batted lot more as well. Goes to show what a marvel Haryana Hurricane was. xxxx
Is that really true??? Ishant Sharma made his debut May25th 2007. So till date he has about 9 months of International experience, give or take. In 9 months he has played 5 Tests, 10 LOI and a 20/20. Lets compare it with Kapil Dev who in his first 9 months of cricket had played 10 Tests and 6 LOI. Just for curioisity in the same 9 months Kapil had bowled a grand total of 375 overs (320 in Tests, 55 in LOI). Ishant has bowled 222 overs, close to 60% of Kapil's effort. And I can safely say Kapil would have batted lot more as well. Goes to show what a marvel Haryana Hurricane was. xxxx
It can also be that Ishant bowled fewer overs than Kapil because - - ODIs are now 50 overs and not 60. - Given India's crappy attack back then, Kapil and the others had to bowl a lot more overs to either bowl the opposition out or wait for a declaration - He isn't the only fast bowler in the team
Lurks' date=' was Kapil as quick as Ishant ?[/quote'] Would be hard to be compare them Bumper. Kapil was fairly quick at the start of his career before his knee became an issue. Still it is fair to say Ishant would be consistently faster than Kapil.
It can also be that Ishant bowled fewer overs than Kapil because - - ODIs are now 50 overs and not 60. - Given India's crappy attack back then, Kapil and the others had to bowl a lot more overs to either bowl the opposition out or wait for a declaration - He isn't the only fast bowler in the team
Fair enough. But if anything that should only mean Ishant is getting lot more rest than Kapil did. My point was not to say Ishant is cr@ppy, just that the issue with injuries might be overblown. Even from India we have had another player who bowled lot more in the same time without breaking down. And he was almost the same age too -(19-20). Akram said it best when he wanted Ishant to bowl as much as he could. This is exactly what I would want from Sharma, doesnt mean I want him to get injured now.