Information is wealth !!!

velu

13 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

hen, from where are they getting this anti-hindu stance from?

where are you getting this anti-hindu stance in TN ? its funny somehow people from outside get all this stance but people who have lived in TN and are coming out seem to not know of this stance must be a very invisible stance or only visible to non tamils stance perhaps..very special stance. 

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

where are you getting this anti-hindu stance in TN ? its funny somehow people from outside get all this stance but people who have lived in TN and are coming out seem to not know of this stance must be a very invisible stance or only visible to non tamils stance perhaps..very special stance. 

I live in Chennai as of now, which is why I said Tamil people are generally very religious , Chennai is a temple town. But , I don't get how they are anti-bjp/right wing, anti-brahmin, etc. Its ironic. You would think they'd be anti Dravidian, pro-bjp , but they're quite the opposite. All these seem to point to anti-hindu stances, but evidence suggests otherwise.

26 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

I live in Chennai as of now, which is why I said Tamil people are generally very religious , Chennai is a temple town. But , I don't get how they are anti-bjp/right wing, anti-brahmin, etc. Its ironic. You would think they'd be anti Dravidian, pro-bjp , but they're quite the opposite. All these seem to point to anti-hindu stances, but evidence suggests otherwise.

mostly hindu bashing is reserved for ram or krishna , i think TN hindus are 99% shaivites ( including the worshipers of karthkeya/murugan )  ..

i dont remember any dmk/dk guys making fun of shiva ..

also i dont think anybody dares to make fun of our state god murugan/kartikeya :bandit: 

i think it will be same in north india as well , if they comment about karthikeya , people generally move on but reaction will be different if they bash vishnu or shiva .. 

7 minutes ago, velu said:

mostly hindu bashing is reserved for ram or krishna , i think TN hindus are 99% shaivites ( including the worshipers of karthkeya/murugan )  ..

i dont remember any dmk/dk guys making fun of shiva ..

also i dont think anybody dares to make fun of our state god murugan/kartikeya :bandit: 

i think it will be same in north india as well , if they comment about karthikeya , people generally move on but reaction will be different if they bash vishnu or shiva .. 

Iyengars are vaishnavities.  but as you indicate most worship Shiva. Northern TN would have people worshipping Balaji (Venkateshwara) while probably all of south TN worhsip Shiva. Rameshwaram is called dakshina kashi as well.

Same in Karnataka, most of them are SHivites. 

Edited by coffee_rules

6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Iyengars are vaishnavities.  but as you indicate most worship Shiva. Northern TN would have people worshipping Balaji (Venkateshwara) while probably all of south TN worhsip Shiva. Rameshwaram is called dakshina kashi as well.

Same in Karnataka, most of them are SHivites. 

titbit for you :giggle:

most of the kongu region was probably once jain , forcefully converted to shaivism :((  ..

some of the current traditions like widows wearing whites , widows avoiding onions/garlic , cooking non-veg food outside the home are jain traditions 

https://www.thehindu.com/society/history-and-culture/the-influence-of-jainism-in-kongu-nadu/article19845654.ece

1 minute ago, velu said:

titbit for you :giggle:

most of the kongu region was probably once jain , forcefully converted to shaivism :((  ..

some of the current traditions like widows wearing whites , widows avoiding onions/garlic , cooking non-veg food outside the home are jain traditions 

https://www.thehindu.com/society/history-and-culture/the-influence-of-jainism-in-kongu-nadu/article19845654.ece

I think thr whole vegetarianism among Hindus is digested (pun intended) from Jainism.