Breakout Player of the WC

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pandya 

Cummins

I think Pandya is going to be unable to match his IPL exploits in the WC.  Not because he's a fluke or not good enough.  But because his IPL performances mean that teams are going to focus in on him, and come prepared with counter measures.  You already saw teams get him lbw twice with tailing yorkers - its a high risk strategy to begin with.  My point is that there's enough time between now and the WC for teams to work on countering his stance etc, and not enough time and games for him to make the necessary adjustments and counter the updated tactics.  

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

I think Pandya is going to be unable to match his IPL exploits in the WC.  Not because he's a fluke or not good enough.  But because his IPL performances mean that teams are going to focus in on him, and come prepared with counter measures.  You already saw teams get him lbw twice with tailing yorkers - its a high risk strategy to begin with.  My point is that there's enough time between now and the WC for teams to work on countering his stance etc, and not enough time and games for him to make the necessary adjustments and counter the updated tactics.  

He wud also knw teams are coming with that tactic and thats where a player grows.....if anything he has shown maturity n improvement really quick . 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He wud also knw teams are coming with that tactic and thats where a player grows.....if anything he has shown maturity n improvement really quick . 

Of course.  But its a game of cat and mouse, and it takes a bit of time for players to adapt.  My gut tells me that the timing cycle of the tactical changes and adaptations is not going to favor Pandya.   Also, given the balance of the batting unit, the probability of him being saddled with too much pressure is higher - so that reduces the odds of his frequent success even further. 

He'll have his moments of course - but for a player like him to really explode and 'breakout' as a star, you would need a string of good performances.  I would love to see him do it, as an Indian fan.  But I just don't think the probabilities are in his favor.