Need help/suggestions [ Noob electrical doubts ] !!!

velu

On 6/12/2019 at 4:12 AM, nikred said:

Hmm...doesn't switching it off trigger the power to run on inverter? The one at my home is always switched on. I think I can experiment that today as no one's at home. emoji848.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Yes, it does. But if you are having frequent power cuts then it's better to keep it charged all the time. The risk of keeping the inverter plugged in always is that it could exhaust the electrolyte in the battery and as a result will reduce it's life.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:49 AM, velu said:

problem here is frequent short power cuts , like 5-10 mins .. when it rains then we have 2hrs of power cut after the rain

probably on a normal day we have power for 23 hrs :giggle:

battery will be full most of times , if i am not using it and the battery is full , then i can switch off the power to invertor right  , because battery is full already ? :hmmm:

If the battery is full after the power cut phase is over, then it's better to switch it off because you don't want to reduce battery life. Keep the inverter charged before rain is about to arrive, like if you see dense clouds outside.

Yes, it does. But if you are having frequent power cuts then it's better to keep it charged all the time. The risk of keeping the inverter plugged in always is that it could exhaust the electrolyte in the battery and as a result will reduce it's life.
Understood.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, MechEng said:

You have service the battery regularly once in 6 months.