Why do we Indians have so little civic sense ?

beetle

1 hour ago, Under_Score said:

Not sure if it can be enforced into the mindset of habitual behavior of general public.

I feel that this is why it won't work in India. Let's say litter throwing ( one issue )

When a person from India moves to a developed country, he/she notices the cleanliness and follows the same and adapts the good habit.

Back home ( before leaving India ) the same person might not want to walk to the nearest dustbin bcoz he/she feels that it doesn't make sense when there is kachra everywhere.

Hoga sir Hoga. Penalty enforcement will make sure we start abiding by the rules. 

We will go to any extent to save money.  

Worth a try at least.

Hoga sir Hoga. Penalty enforcement will make sure we start abiding by the rules. 
We will go to any extent to save money.  
Worth a try at least.
It worked for drunken driving in Hyderabad. Fines and/or jail time has scared people enough to make them think twice before taking to the wheel while intoxicated.
In last 5 years the fatal accidents decreased due to that. There has been major shift in the attitude of the general public too. I personally see it as a small success.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

On 6/22/2019 at 3:00 AM, Texy said:

Povert is a BS excuse. Go to South Korean Villages or villages in China even they are cleaner than avg Indian cities.

Both the nations are way way ahead of India. Check GDP per capita 

India irself is cleaner than what it was 5 years back.

How will people not litter in public when there are no bins?

Edited by mishra

49 minutes ago, mishra said:

Both the nations are way way ahead of India. Check GDP per capita 

India irself is cleaner than what it was 5 years back.

How will people not litter in public when there are no bins?

I agree but change comes from within... I see desis in America not throwing trash in the bin even though there are bins everywhere...