So...what next for the English shorter format team?

How many players are going to retire after this world cup win?

Is Eion Morgan still going to be the captain? I think he has overachieved and feel now would be a good time to retire. 

Next up WT20. Eng reached the finals in 2016 and could have won if it wasn't for that fateful last over.

Next WT20 will be very interesting. 

Also, will England be a consistent contender in world cups i.e. reaching the semis/finals or is this just a one off....lotsa questions.

Edited by WC2011INDIA
1 minute ago, WC2011INDIA said:

How many players are going to retire after this world cup win?

Is Eion Morgan still going to be the captain? I think he has overachieved and feel now would be a good time to retire. 

Next up WT20. Eng reached the finals in 2016 and could have won if it wasn't for that fateful last over.

Next WT20 will be very interesting. 

Eng will be favs for WT20. hard to see further down the line, but most of this WC team can play next WC without difficulty. if they can unearth some good spinners (or more likely import them from asia), they are probably going to be favs next WC too.

Well if they wanna prove there dominance they gotta win World Cups back to back.

Also its kinda funny how there captain is a Irish cricketer they picked up from Ireland cricket. The guy is there leading run scorer in ODI cricket. The Irish cricket team must feel hard done by. They really lost a gem of a cricketer. Who was destined to win England there first World Cup.

Edited by Shaz1
1 minute ago, Shaz1 said:

Well if they wanna prove there dominance they gotta win World Cups back to back.

Also its kinda funny how there captain is a Irish cricketer they picked up from Ireland cricket. The guy is there leading run scorer in ODI cricket. The Irish cricket team must feel hard done by. They really lost a gem of a cricketer. Who was destined to win England there first World Cup.

they have always been very "flexible" about having other cricketers play for them such as archer. One more thing India should learn from them. should have acquired shakib :p:

Just now, Stuge said:

They will start believing in themselves ..that itself will change the moral of the team ,but I doubt England to be favourites in India having different sort of pitches.

unless there is genuine turn, I don't think it will affect eng batters much. just having slow/low pitches without spin will not prevent the likes of butler from scoring well. on the other hand, if we prepare spinning pitches, it could also backfire since not all of our batters are comfortable against good spin.

7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

they have always been very "flexible" about having other cricketers play for them such as archer. One more thing India should learn from them. should have acquired shakib :p:

Haha Shakib in India team would easily cover the loss of Yuvraj.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

unless there is genuine turn, I don't think it will affect eng batters much. just having slow/low pitches without spin will not prevent the likes of butler from scoring well. on the other hand, if we prepare spinning pitches, it could also backfire since not all of our batters are comfortable against good spin.

its not just spin ,but pitches in India tend to.slow down a bit differently then in England due to weather.Keep in mind chasing in India would be much easier in D/N matches due to dew factor coming in later half of the tournament.

Indian pitches are better suited to Sub continent teams then teams from outside.

7 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

Not happening. It’s difficult to steal ppl for south Asian teams as they are already stars in their countries.

This was a hypothetical situation if this was allowed to happen. Of course in reality that would not happen. Hence why we discussed it hypothetically.