Is the last 12 months the golden period of Indian cricket ?

Bumper

I dont recall our country accomplishing so much in cricket, ever. 1) ODI series win over SA 2) Test series win over Eng 3) Test series win over Pak 4) ODI series win over Pak 5) Perth test win over Aus 6) T20 world cup win 7) U-19 world cup win 8) CB series win over Aus Is this the golden period of Indian cricket ?

Guest Hiten.
I dont recall our country accomplishing so much in cricket, ever. 1) ODI series win over SA 2) Test series win over Eng 3) Test series win over Pak 4) ODI series win over Pak 5) Perth test win over Aus 6) T20 world cup win 7) U-19 world cup win 8) CB series win over Aus Is this the golden period of Indian cricket ?
Yes. stroked out part was bloody obvious, given the dire state pakistan cricket is in

A fine period, but there've been enough major disappointments in that period to not call it the true 'golden period' of Indian cricket. World Cup 07 elimination with losses to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka? ODI series loss to England? Failing to close out matches against Pakistan that should have been won? 1-0 was a weak scoreline, given the disparity between the teams. At least one of the two other tests really should have been won, with two missed opportunities. Capitulation at Melbourne, equally abject capitulation at Sydney when 70-odd overs needed to be batted out to save a game. A good year as I said, but calling it the golden period is getting too far ahead of oneself. The core though exists for a real golden period down the line that could compare with moments like the back to back series wins in England and WI back in 71.

its just the start. we have many more things to achieve - test series win over sa asia cup win test series win over aus win in icc champions trophy and not to forget 20/20 wc win in 2009 & the biggest of them all - win in the 2011 wc and salil, the sydney test "loss" wasnt a loss. we had to play out 70 overs with with only 7 batsmen, not 11 batsmen. ganguly & dravid got out to super-shocking decisions and even dhoni got a shocking decision as the ball was just missing the off-stump

A fine period, but there've been enough major disappointments in that period to not call it the true 'golden period' of Indian cricket. World Cup 07 elimination with losses to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka? ODI series loss to England? Failing to close out matches against Pakistan that should have been won? 1-0 was a weak scoreline, given the disparity between the teams. At least one of the two other tests really should have been won, with two missed opportunities. Capitulation at Melbourne, equally abject capitulation at Sydney when 70-odd overs needed to be batted out to save a game. A good year as I said, but calling it the golden period is getting too far ahead of oneself. The core though exists for a real golden period down the line that could compare with moments like the back to back series wins in England and WI back in 71.
Yes, Thal has summed it up well. But hope we continue the momentum we got in Aus, and not go back to old ways of just fleeting success and then back to routine.
no the best year was 2003-04 when we drew with aus in aus, and then won our first test, test series and ODI series in pak ever- of course we also reached the world cup finals etc
and salil, the sydney test "loss" wasnt a loss. we had to play out 70 overs with with only 7 batsmen, not 11 batsmen. ganguly & dravid got out to super-shocking decisions and even dhoni got a shocking decision as the ball was just missing the off-stump
these r excuses only from indian fans...a loss is a loss nobody will remember the wrong decisions after some time...the fact is india cudnt play out few overs from Michael Clark. :dance: officially india were thrashed at Sydney which will remain in the books....Like official result of Pak tour to Eng will remain 3-0 however every body knows Pak shud gave won that series 2-1 as well but courtesy to Daryll Hair it ws not to be :((
these r excuses only from indian fans...a loss is a loss nobody will remember the wrong decisions after some time...the fact is india cudnt play out few overs from Michael Clark. :dance: officially india were thrashed at Sydney which will remain in the books....Like official result of Pak tour to Eng will remain 3-0 however every body knows Pak shud gave won that series 2-1 as well but courtesy to Daryll Hair it ws not to be :((
oh my god.. i dint know tht u can type english for 4 four lines.. vow man thts fukin awesome.. now tell me who helped u to write this?? n i miss ur :yay: in ur posts.. so pls try to attch tht without fail ..
It has been a great period for India but not the golden time. until India beat South Africa in test series in South africa and Australia in Australia' date= there is no golden period for India, they will have to work hard to do this.
:two_thumbs_up: if that happens. Add one more: Diamond year if we can do the above, and follow it up by thrashing NZ in NZ. Those NZ guys need to be kicked for giving us unplayable pitches.