Who can stop Smith?

vvvslaxman

32 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Steve Harmison is a bitter loser by bringing up Sandpaper gate and calling him cheat. Anyone who calls him a cheat need to get their heads examined, every team has tampered with the ball at some point.He was punished much more than he deserved, leave this guy alone.

Eng have accepted they tampered the ball in 2005 ashes in which harmison himself played. Idk why he is crying now.

i have my reservations w.r.t him  when pitted across eras. .... 80s & 90s era <25 averaging bowlers .... to assume that just because he averages so  highly against this era set of bowlers  doesn't automatically mean he would have done the same against those  era bowlers. Keep in mind the Saffers have tamed him  almost sucessfully.   Even in the previous series in India   his first inns of 109 had some 5 or 6 lives .  So what might had been at the most a 62 average ended up in  71 avg: . Rarely a batsman gets such large number of reprieves  thru an inns . So that was an exception. Herath tamed him in SL. What not ,even in the single  warm up game the Aussies played among themselves in this Ashes, he got out  for 2 single digit scores  against Cummins & Siddle each .

That being the case, to average the same 65 against the variety of <25 averaging deadly bowlers ranging from Lillee to  Pollock  of the previous eras as he has done till now .... is a bit stretching it  too much . One  debutant Jofra Archer send him to a state of concussion .So to expect him surviving against the likes of Marshall, Holding, Ambrose,Akram, Donald ,Patterson,Croft etc etc with this weird technique and  average the same 65 is  a bit too  much for me.