India vs SA, 3rd T20I, Bangalore

Mosher

10 hours ago, Stan AF said:

I don't think most foreign players take IPL seriously. Atleast not like our Indian ones. I guess it's mostly like a paid holiday for em. 

Yes, most of them just go through the motions to pocket the money. A few exceptions exist, like Warner, who plays to entertain the local crowds who have shown him so much love despite the ball tampering scandal. He is the most dedicated among the foreign players, doing full justice to his salary and then some.  

On 9/22/2019 at 1:43 PM, Suhaan said:

So do you justify playing same xi even against weak opposition?

No one is saying him to be replacing Ishant ,Shami or any 1st choice pacer,but atleast he should have been tried against SL,Ban last year at home

If any newcomer fails to impress in his first few t20s ,how  should he be dealt with?

What do you reckon

Why are you misinterpreting  the whole thing?

So if he does well you will compare him with some other bowler?

Are they both from same age bracket?

Whats the point of toiling hard in domestics then ,if you'll only get compared with some random past failures,so should we close our eyes and wait for miracles to happen ?

At home you play only two seamers and they did try that guy Sharadul Thakur against WI and Umesh who is very good in India was playing instead of all three main seamers. Saini is getting chance in T20s and he was in test team in WI. What else do you want from selectors.Pandya was being tries as third seamer at home.

Guys like Ishant and Yadav are one format players if they don't play when they are fit and at home when will they play. They don't even play IPL. Saini does so Saini has nothing to complain.If he flops in T20s he should get more chances which I think he will get.

I am not comparing him with anyone , I just gave an example to show Saini does not have great stats.There is no injutice being done to him.What to do with Umesh Yadav.

There is no rule that Saini who has just 3 5fers in 43 FC games needs to be played over all these players.There are only two spots how many bowlers can they fit? 

Mohd Siraj should consider himself more unlucky than Saini. He should made his debut against WI in Hyderabad.He should play test cricket some time soon in test cricket.

11 hours ago, putrevus said:

At home you play only two seamers and they did try that guy Sharadul Thakur against WI and Umesh who is very good in India was playing instead of all three main seamers. Saini is getting chance in T20s and he was in test team in WI. What else do you want from selectors.Pandya was being tries as third seamer at home.

Guys like Ishant and Yadav are one format players if they don't play when they are fit and at home when will they play. They don't even play IPL. Saini does so Saini has nothing to complain.If he flops in T20s he should get more chances which I think he will get.

I am not comparing him with anyone , I just gave an example to show Saini does not have great stats.There is no injutice being done to him.What to do with Umesh Yadav.

There is no rule that Saini who has just 3 5fers in 43 FC games needs to be played over all these players.There are only two spots how many bowlers can they fit? 

Mohd Siraj should consider himself more unlucky than Saini. He should made his debut against WI in Hyderabad.He should play test cricket some time soon in test cricket.

The question still remains unanswered

Why wouldn't you test your bench strength in tests at home?

It doesn't make sense not to rest 1st choice test bowlers against paltry oppositions at home,if not then ,when would you try them?

Whether its Siraj or someone else

5 hours ago, Suhaan said:

The question still remains unanswered

Why wouldn't you test your bench strength in tests at home?

It doesn't make sense not to rest 1st choice test bowlers against paltry oppositions at home,if not then ,when would you try them?

Whether its Siraj or someone else

Why would test bench strength at home against SA that too when every match counts, are you dropping Ashwin and Jadeja from test teams at home and testing other spinners.

Test cricket is not some Khairat which you keeping giving to anyone.Injuries are part of fast bowler's life, now Bumrah is hurt so other bowlers will get their chance.

33 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why would test bench strength at home against SA that too when every match counts, are you dropping Ashwin and Jadeja from test teams at home and testing other spinners.

Test cricket is not some Khairat which you keeping giving to anyone.Injuries are part of fast bowler's life, now Bumrah is hurt so other bowlers will get their chance.

Seems you have missed what i said ,i was advocating for the inclusion of Saini/Siraj against SL,Ban,WI at home

What do you mean by Khairat,by giving someone chance in your quest to build a strong team which has rich pool of players isn't any charity 

Its called rotation in common terms

Edited by Suhaan
19 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Seems you have missed what i said ,i was advocating inclusion of Saini/Siraj against SL,Ban,WI at home

What do you mean by Khairat,by giving someone chance in your quest to build a strong team which has rich pool of players isn't any charity done

Its called rotation in common terms

You seem to have missed my point they did try Thakur against WI.They are rotating bowlers thats why Umesh yadav is the squad.

What you are asking is guy like Saini or Siraj should leap frog over guys like Umesh Yadav.Selectors cannot do that, if you do that it means you are closing book on Umesh Yadav which is wrong given his age and fitness and he is just 31.

Ishant Sharma was dropped many times but his greatest luck was he has kept himself fit incase others got injured, Shami and others got injured Ishant got back into team.

Unless new bowlers offer something extra, it is not fair on selectors part to discard guys like Umesh.