Hosting President Xi in Mahabalipuram, PM Modi once again opens doors of 'Incredible India' to foreign leaders

Gollum

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Chinese tourists are the worst pieces of crap in the world. Atleast Indian tourists when they are outside India  tend to be timid and try not to break any rules but these Chinese bozos do the typical crap like jumping ahead or cutting through queue, laughing and giggling loudly, just be overall obnoxious. 

I have seen this in atleast 3-4 tourist spots

in the USA

Chomsky has some really interesting perspective on this.

As a nation grows in stature in its standing in world affairs, its tourists/business people tend to be more assertive when travelling.

The image that the average American tourist had from the 50s-90s is more or less like what Chinese tourists have world over (particularly is South East Asia).  But the Chinese tourists/businessmen from the 80s and 90s (much fewer) like the American tourists from the early 20th century were a better behaved lot. 

if this theory holds any weight, Indian tourists in a decade or two would start with the boorish behaviour that we generally reserve for our travel in India.

17 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Chomsky has some really interesting perspective on this.

As a nation grows in stature in its standing in world affairs, its tourists/business people tend to be more assertive when travelling.

The image that the average American tourist had from the 50s-90s is more or less like what Chinese tourists have world over (particularly is South East Asia).  But the Chinese tourists/businessmen from the 80s and 90s (much fewer) like the American tourists from the early 20th century were a better behaved lot. 

if this theory holds any weight, Indian tourists in a decade or two would start with the boorish behaviour that we generally reserve for our travel in India.

I think Indians in general behave as per the surroundings based on my observation.

Sorry if this sounds crude but in a bathroom stall at a local movie theatre in India the behavior would differ when the same person goes to a well maintained bathroom in a multiplex or a 5 star hotel. All of a sudden you see a big queue near the automatic soap dispenser or the hand dryer.

Another example is when I came to the USA, I had some work in the Indian embassy in Chicago I took the public transport to get there and some of the Indians who probably were headed to the same destination, followed the queue system and other basic social etiquette to a tee all the way up until the point they entered the embassy elevator. Once inside it was winner takes all,the same old zigzag, cutting through queues, pushing and jumping ahead of even women and senior citizens.

I think we are socially aware in the right circumstances. The Chinese on the other hand are a different breed.

Even at work the average Indian Fob will hold the door or the elevator but the Chinese especially the FOBS who act like entities aholes