Favourite test v RSA?

Gambit

For me, it has to be our first ever test win over RSA in 1996. Chasing a mere 170 to win, RSA were simply blown away by one of the best fast bowling spells by any bowler ever. RSA were bundled for 105 as Srinath took 6/21. The South African scorecard had 6 ducks and Srinath was on a hattrick three times in that innings. Rohan found a reason to live as Laxman made his debut in this test.

Kirsten, Hudson, Cullinan, Cronje, Rhodes, McMillan, Donald, Symcox, De Villiers... That had to be one THE best Saffie teams ever. For me the Jo'Burg win was even more special. Its one thing to bowl out a team in the 4th innings of a test match in home conditions, but its an awesome achievement to bowl out a team like S.Africa, in their home conditions, in the first innings of a test match, for a total as low a 84. I think thats the lowest total by ANY saffie team on home soil and that makes it even more special. In a way, it was like sweet revenge for Durban '96

that above scorecard line up says it all.. that was a great test victory and one of the best against saffers.. not many we got against them.. Joburg victory was special because it was the first victory in saf.. and we won in some style.. but that classic spell of Srinath makes that victory the best ever against south africa..

that was the one of the great test victory agains SAF in India....Srinath's spell was just too good for them...i remember watching that match live...was just too excited that time when india won...one of the greatest in indian history...

it came under SRT.
It did. His captaincy started off on a winning note. We won our first test against the Aussies in 10 years in his debut test as captain. We then went on to win our first test and our first series against RSA. It was all downhill from there.

If you did not notice. It was VVS's debut test. >We won our first test against the Aussies in 10 years in his debut test as captain. We then went on to win our first test and our first series against RSA. It was all downhill from there. I don't think so. We went to RSA, should have won our first ever test there in Jo'berg, but rain played spoil sport. We went to windies, we lost Srinath, had very pedestrian bowling attack but still manage to compete with windies who still had Walsh, Ambrose, Bishop and Benjamins. If Sachin looks back on his captaincy, he missed out two away victories, one due to rain and one where we could not chase 120 odd.

If you did not notice. It was VVS's debut test.
I mentioned that in the OP.
I don't think so. We went to RSA, should have won our first ever test there in Jo'berg, but rain played spoil sport. We went to windies, we lost Srinath, had very pedestrian bowling attack but still manage to compete with windies who still had Walsh, Ambrose, Bishop and Benjamins. If Sachin looks back on his captaincy, he missed out two away victories, one due to rain and one where we could not chase 120 odd.
Jo'burg and B'dos we should have most definitely won. Jo'burg was a combination of rain, Cullinan and probably the most biased ground staff ever seen in the history of cricket.