Age fudging - The Menace

nsareen

1 hour ago, Norman said:

I am sick of people saying  "Does it really matter if he fudged his age ? See his talent. " 

Well. Fucck.. it does matter. Why ? Let's say......

If Shami (28y :giggle:)  gets injured now and takes a year break and regains fitness , he'll be brought straight back into the team because he'll only be 29 and still at his "peak". 

But if he was 34 (which I think he is) , and regains fitness after a year, selectors will most likely look at a worthy young bowler to replace him, which means that by faking the age, they're not only deceiving the system, but also blocking a youngster to get a place in the team. 

P.S - I've nothing against Shami bhaai. I'm a big fan of his bowling and texting. :bow:

You are spot on.Could not have said it better myself .Age fudging is a big problem.

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Mitch Johnson was 33 when he blasted out England and South Africa back in 2014. And he was atleast 5kph quicker than Shami on average. 

Could think of many others like Steyn, Ambrose, Donald etc who used to bowl quicker than Shami in their mid 30s. 

Ambrose wasn't quicker at age of 34.

Steyn broke down. 

Donald was last leg in 2001.

Johnson had that spell at 32-33 and retired at 34.

Shami is peaking right now. Going to your examples only, he will be close to 30 than 34.