Stop Comparing our youngsters to WI youngsters in terms of power game, those guys are genetically better for that role

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

one answer is longevity

These WI hitters dont have long career, half their career is wasted in leagues now , gayle ended playing more so he is up there

jayasuria n afridi has more ODI wkts then warne coz they played more. 

Neways i dnt think u got the crux of this thread. When we lost ppl started putting our player down n started comparing to WI players that they cant hit that well so i created by saying our players have 10 good things just becoz they fall a lil short on power compare to WI player they shudnt be put down. WI players do have more strength compare to rest of the world doesnt make us bad. WE can list guys like yuvi, dhoni, kapil n few but there list wud be endless. Where did i say our players were worst when my op was all about saying they are better lets not put down coz of one aspect 

if WI are genetic freaks who can hit sixes at will why are they not more represented in the all time list ? :)

dude i like your posting history. But you need to stop feeding into type casts. In the west a cursory look around the gym on a normal weekday shows there is absolutely no power disparity between Indian ( or South Asians) with African Americans or any other group , African origin folks do have a different levels of lean body mass but it does not reflect in pulling or lifting power ( those depend on the level of training of the individual). I am yet to see any study that says they have more muscle power pound for pound or something to that effect, There is some study that i read long ago that said African origin people have more bone density for same stature though. 

Edited by Vilander
added not
5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

if WI are genetic freaks who can hit sixes at will why are they not more represented in the all time list ? :)

Why dont u guys read OP properly

I clearly wrote power isnt everything

What was so diff to understand i just wrote they better in terms hitting with power doesnt mean anyone other is bad or that is the only skill. If u wud have read the OP u wud have seen i was defending our players. 

I clearly wrote a line find me a talent like gill all over world rather pooran or hetymer n said how ppl shud not put down pant to pooran as pant is better. What part was it tough to understand. If u have followed my post then read the future ones better 

and btw an all time list will have many players from WI 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Why dont u guys read OP properly

I clearly wrote power isnt everything

What was so diff to understand i just wrote they better in terms hitting with power doesnt mean anyone other is bad or that is the only skill. If u wud have read the OP u wud have seen i was defending our players. 

I clearly wrote a line find me a talent like gill all over world rather pooran or hetymer n said how ppl shud not put down pant to pooran as pant is better. What part was it tough to understand. If u have followed my post then read the future ones better 

and btw an all time list will have many players from WI 

discussion is on your assertion that WI are genetically superior power hitters. That kind of statement needs lots of backing up, atm i am backing it up more than you.

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

discussion is on your assertion that WI are genetically superior power hitters. That kind of statement needs lots of backing up, atm i am backing it up more than you.

yes those guys are better in that regd comapre to rest of world not only india which is also a reason these guys are such a hit leagus around the world but that doesnt make likes of lynn, maxwell, pandya any bad just that guys like russell or pollard have a bit more force

Count how many we have - pandya, pant, dube

Their list is endless.....

look at how they smash a slower ball when u need power and when kind of struggle on to some times hit that slower ball out of park. Their mistimes goes for sixes .  Yes our top order like rohit n rahul hit ball a mile but this skill comes in play when u hve to come in late n smash from ball 1 rather when ur set . 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

@Ankit_sharma03 may be you mean this. When you look at WI and Indian teams the WI team members appear to carry more lean body mass musculature than Indian players in general which could mean they have more hitting power behind their strokes on average. 

This is what you mean and its entirely possible.  People will poke holes in it like a swiz cheese but its arguable with classic rebuttals like pics etc, WI players are more built.  Calling it genetic cant be proven. 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

yes those guys are better in that regd comapre to rest of world not only india which is also a reason these guys are such a hit leagus around the world

Count how many we have - pandya, pant, dube

Their list is endless.....

look at how they smash a slower ball when u need power and when kind of struggle on to some times hit that slower ball out of park. Their mistimes goes for sixes .  Yes our top order like rohit n rahul hit ball a mile but this skill comes in play when u hve to come in late n smash from ball 1 rather when ur set . 

you are going down the same slope my friend. 

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

@Ankit_sharma03 may be you mean this. When you look at WI and Indian teams the WI team members appear to carry more lean body mass musculature than Indian players in general which could mean they have more hitting power behind their strokes on average. 

Thats what i meant exactly coz that comes in handy 

Against slower ball which need more strength- like we even saw today we kind of were struggling to hit balls that lacked pace

In lower order when u come in and u hve to strike from ball -1 rather then guys like rohit or rahul are set . That i hve always maintained if rohit sharma is set no one can cause a damage like rohit be it gayle or russell 

@Ankit_sharma03 look at it this way.

Pick some athlete who is in some athletic regimen. Pick say jadeja or Kohli or Kushal mendis pick a Jonny Bairstow or a stokes or Bolt and pick say a Carlos Braithwaite from WI.  All atheletic quick muscular ok ?

Its not possible to say the brown guys or the white guys have lesser genetic disposition to have higher muscle power pound for pound etc, it is however possible to actually measure their power pound for pound. 

two things one not measurable one measurable.  And the fact that they differ on their power is down to their individual conditioning. 

Edited by Vilander
5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Thats what i meant exactly coz that comes in handy 

Against slower ball which need more strength- like we even saw today we kind of were struggling to hit balls that lacked pace

In lower order when u come in and u hve to strike from ball -1 rather then guys like rohit or rahul are set . That i hve always maintained if rohit sharma is set no one can cause a damage like rohit be it gayle or russell 

and thats down to conditioning my friend not genetics, thats were your critics in this thread are arguing. 

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

and thats down to conditioning my friend not genetics,

russell, viv, ricardo powell, gayle, pollard, brathwite, sobers - there are a lot of that kind of xamples as compare to other nation

Surely their wud be likes of sarwan, chanderpaul but u see the large sample that comes from them. 

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

thats were your critics in this thread are arguing. 

their argument is coming more from as if i hve said we are bad and we cant hit which i nowere said 

34 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

russell, viv, ricardo powell, gayle, pollard, brathwite, sobers - there are a lot of that kind of xamples as compare to other nation

Surely their wud be likes of sarwan, chanderpaul but u see the large sample that comes from them. 

their argument is coming more from as if i hve said we are bad and we cant hit which i nowere said 

You have missed Richard's name there.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Viv Richards never went to gym during playing days.

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

again if you call out genetics there needs to be proof which does not exist. There are even folks who call out selective mating of folks due to propensity for physical work that happened during slavery period that is called out for generally robust musculature seen in african origin folks in the americas, still when we say genetics its like differentiating chimps and humans who have 99.x % same genome but that .x percent makes them so much physically stronger genetically and Humans so much more capable of intelligence --> it has to be that level. So dont use the term genetically its a causative factors of far far more pronounced anomalies, than what your anecdotes seek to be informal evidence of.

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

you are alluding that Indians are genetically incapable of power game like the west indians that needs some serious scientific backing up buddy thats all i am saying.