Amitabh Bachchan gets Dadasaheb Phalke Award

Deleted_User_1

On 1/1/2020 at 12:33 AM, rangeelaraja said:

No dude. Lets be honest AB was shyte in comic roles. He excelled in action and all his blockbusters were action.

In sad drama, romantic movies - AB was no match for Kaka - even AB will tell you that. 

DadaSaheb Phalke award loses all credibility when someone like Vinod Khanna gets it but the likes of Kader Khan, Anupam Kher and Amrish Puri don't 

Not at all. 

Most of his hit action/drama flicks had a fair bit of comedy too.

For eg;

"Basanti, tumhara naam kya hai" in a dry voice always brings a smile to my face. The entire tanga ride exchange (monologue, to be honest) between Hema Malini and AB is funny.

The mirror scene from Amar Akbar Anthony.

Some of his comedy only flicks were fun too, with a very strong performance from AB.

Chupke Chupke

Do aur Do Paanch

Bade Miya Chote Miya: Govinda of the 90s is one of the leading comic actors from Bollywood. An ageing AB held his own in that movie. Govinda out outdid most of his co-stars: Anil Kapoor in Deewana Mastana & Sanjay Dutt in Haseena Maan Jayegi

5 hours ago, Audiophile said:

Unfortunately the actors you mention are the ones who came out the art film industry which had a presence in the 70s and 80s. Add Naseeruddin Shah, Smita Patil, Shabana Azmi, Farooq Sheikh and Deepti Naval to the list. Unfortunately, those types of films did not fit in the masalaa category to do well in our stupid box office.

Add Pran and Nana Patekar to this list.

I think Some awardees are just for longevity like Pran. VK is a case of BJP and ailing from cancer. I have never heard of VK being a Producer or a script writer. Wiki says the award is for

Awarded for: "outstanding contribution to the growth and development of Indian cinema"

Amitabh deserves for being a star contributing to industry for a decade in so many hits.

Edited by coffee_rules

On 1/2/2020 at 6:13 AM, rangeelaraja said:

Anand and Namak Haram - Kaka COMPLETELY dominated AB

In Anand, AB played role of a sincere and reserved doctor. He was supposed to be desperate and helpless that his friend was dying...I might be minority but imho he was better than Kaka in Anand, one of ABs finest performances.

Agreed on amreesh and Anupam , fantastic actors... amreesh puri specially, one of my favs...

Edited by randomGuy

4 hours ago, randomGuy said:

In Anand, AB played role of a sincere and reserved doctor. He was supposed to be desperate and helpless that his friend was dying...I might be minority but imho he was better than Kaka in Anand, one of ABs finest performances.

Agreed on amreesh and Anupam , fantastic actors... amreesh puri specially, one of my favs...

Big B’s performance in Abhimaan was great too. It was before he became a superstar.

I remember when Coolie got released, because of the injury he sustained during the shooting that almost took his life, it was literally impossible to get tickets for weeks. My Dad had to resort to the services of a local Goonda to get tickets on the black market! I remember the Goonda personally came to our house gate to deliver the tickets! :rotfl:

Terrible movie BTW. It was a super hit just because of Bachchan and the interest around the injury.