Marriage with underage Christian girl valid as she’s had her 1st menstrual cycle: Pakistan High Court

Stradlater

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

@Alam_dar I got called a 'makrooh' by an Arab in a grocery store (he found a debit card and thought I lost it, he didn't know my name so he said 'makrooh'). Do you have any idea what that means?

Makrooh means a thing which is although not Haram, but still disliked. 

For example, meat of horse is although not Haram, but still it is disliked/disgusted in Islamic Sharia. 

The grading goes like this:

1. Haram

2. Makrooh (disliked/disgusted)

3. Halal Mubah (allowed)

4. Halal Mustahab (recommended)

Debit Cards are considered Haram/Makrooh in Islam due to the "Bank Interests". 

Sharia ruling is this that a Muslim is not allowed to pay Interest to others, but a Muslim could take interests from the non-Muslims. 

Therefore, if a Bank belongs to a Muslim, then he is allowed to take interests from the Non-Muslims. 

Since Banks are not owned by Muslims, but they belong to non-Muslims, therefore it has been considered Haram/Makrooh to have debit cards, while Muslims then have to pay the interest to the non-Muslims. 

I think same is the case with that Arab guy, who thought you to be a Muslim, therefore he reminded you that Debit Card is Haram/Makrooh for you. 

1 hour ago, Alam_dar said:

Makrooh means a thing which is although not Haram, but still disliked. 

For example, meat of horse is although not Haram, but still it is disliked/disgusted in Islamic Sharia. 

The grading goes like this:

1. Haram

2. Makrooh (disliked/disgusted)

3. Halal Mubah (allowed)

4. Halal Mustahab (recommended)

Debit Cards are considered Haram/Makrooh in Islam due to the "Bank Interests". 

Sharia ruling is this that a Muslim is not allowed to pay Interest to others, but a Muslim could take interests from the non-Muslims. 

Therefore, if a Bank belongs to a Muslim, then he is allowed to take interests from the Non-Muslims. 

Since Banks are not owned by Muslims, but they belong to non-Muslims, therefore it has been considered Haram/Makrooh to have debit cards, while Muslims then have to pay the interest to the non-Muslims. 

I think same is the case with that Arab guy, who thought you to be a Muslim, therefore he reminded you that Debit Card is Haram/Makrooh for you. 

Wow! Thanks for deep reasoning!

Yes, I generally buy groceries from a place which is at walking distance from where I live, it is store owned by a Turkish family and strictly caters to Muslim needs because Walmart, Costco and Target happen to sell pork products which are haraam.