Any Adrenalin Lovers here?

EnterTheVoid

@Mariyam, becoming a pilot, I found it to be the most challenging of it all. 

There's a million things all happening at the same time. Theres a lot of information to process and not a whole lot of time to react.

Flying is really one long exercise in risk management. The big takeaway in flying, never, ever get complacent. Complacency kills. 

Pilots, for the risk they take, are under-appreciated.

We don't do it for money. Or self gratification. We do it simply for the love of aviation.

In my view, there is no more honourable act than being a pilot that does high altitude rescues. Or a pilot that flies planes to provide medical services to remote and impoverished communities. Or pilots that help in firefighting efforts. To our fellow aviators, hand on heart, I salute you.

On the other extreme, you have retards (like the one in this thread) who let someone else do all the hard yakka and are under the delusion they're "flying" simply because they can move a joystick under supervision. Utter leeches of the lowest kind.

Edited by EnterTheVoid

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

@Muloghonto @sandeep

I was talking about bungee jumping! Sky diving (in tandem) was on my to-do list once, but I've wizened considerably after that. The thrills associated with such foolhardy endeavours I gladly forego.

I doubt I'd ever want to learn how to fly a plane, but  mulo's and sri's discussion makes for an interesting read.

I hope that was a typo there Mariyam, you are a few decades from wizening up!  

But hilarious typos aside, sky-diving can be a lot of fun - I actually have a fear of heights - Ferris wheels make me nervous like you wouldn't believe.  But its good to challenge your fears. Up to a point.  Bungee Jumping is off limits for me, I think.  Maybe someday.

22 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I hope that was a typo there Mariyam, you are a few decades from wizening up!  

But hilarious typos aside, sky-diving can be a lot of fun - I actually have a fear of heights - Ferris wheels make me nervous like you wouldn't believe.  But its good to challenge your fears. Up to a point.  Bungee Jumping is off limits for me, I think.  Maybe someday.

Bungee jumping requires a lot more gumption than what the touristy pics of my friends on their fb wall indicated. I thought if they could do it, so could I.

It is essentially a leap of faith. 

We had clubbed Shri Hemkund sahib, Rudraprayag, Kedarnath, Valley of flowers, Jim Corbett national park, a yoga retreat at Rishikesh and the bungee jumping stint in our trip. The comi-tragic part is that I insisted on the bungee jumping. :embarassed:

Edited by Mariyam

13 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Bungee jumping requires a lot more gumption than what the touristy pics of my friends on their fb wall indicated. I thought if they could do it, so could I.

It is essentially a leap of faith. 

The dudes you see operating the Bungy sites, they typically have dreadlocks/tattoos and wear singlets. They don't exactly inspire confidence, not going by their looks at least.

My advice if you decide to pursue these type of activities (bungy/base/skydiving etc):

- Don't hesitate (clean exit is paramount)

- Look at the horizon

- Jump 

- Maintain a rigid position throughout.

I have tremendous respect for my fellow aviators.

And zero respect for aviation frauds like this @Muloghonto chumpster. His "flying skill set", if you can even call it that, is limited to moving the joystick under supervision. Whoop de doo, anybody can that.

Sounds like a lousy pilot. Or whatever else he calls himself these days.

Edited by EnterTheVoid