Here be Dragons

Mariyam

These still remain unanswered.

"do not like  IT ” said the man in the black TIE. “The _ _ _ _ may be impressive, but when you _ _ _ _ _ a man, you RETAIN a CERTAIN power of investigation. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ against _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ will set in when the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ of this fact becomes known.

Words 5 and 9 are different methods of doing a certain activity.

Sod it I wanted to wait until I was sure but now I'm just going to record my wild ass guesses (in red).  Underlined is where I'm reasonably sure, rest is just....wild ass guesses which don't even sound grammatical.

"do not like  IT ” said the man in the black TIE. “The RITE/ TIER (either doesn't sound right) may be impressive, but when you IRATE a man, you RETAIN a CERTAIN power of investigation. REACTION against _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ will set in when the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ of this fact becomes known.

Edit I have no idea what I mean by this --- The RITE/ TIER may be impressive, but when you IRATE a man,

Edited by NameGoesHere

40 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

Sod it I wanted to wait until I was sure but now I'm just going to record my wild ass guesses (in red).  Underlined is where I'm reasonably sure, rest is just....wild ass guesses which don't even sound grammatical.

"do not like  IT ” said the man in the black TIE. “The RITE/ TIER (either doesn't sound right) may be impressive, but when you IRATE a man, you RETAIN a CERTAIN power of investigation. REACTION against _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ will set in when the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ of this fact becomes known.

Edit I have no idea what I mean by this --- The RITE/ TIER may be impressive, but when you IRATE a man,

You have rightly guessed rite and reaction. In many of my posts above I kept using rite, as a hidden clue. :dontknow: 

"do not like  IT ” said the man in the black TIE. “The RITE may be impressive, but when you _ _ _ _ _ a man, you RETAIN a CERTAIN power of investigation. REACTION against _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ will set in when the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ of this fact becomes known.

Words 5,9 and 10 remain.

Big clue: Words 5 and 9 are Christian and Hindu rituals respectively for a specific activity.

55 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

No, but an anagram of trine (whatever it means).

Yeah that's the issue, I figured a bunch of combos around the words

RA TIE

RN TIE

AN TIE

and rejected the last 2 (RN TIE and ANTIE) as having no combo of words that made sense. Hence I went with RA TIE.

But if you say it's RN TIE (TRINE), well, only word I know from that combo is NITRE and it does not fit (had considered and rejected earlier).  Unless I'm missing something obvious, the answer is a word I don't know.

TENIR

TINER

ENRIT

RITEN

F*ck knows the (im) possibilities seem endless.

Edited by NameGoesHere

My guess is last word is probably something that suggests either irreversibility, or finality (if referring to cremation) or 'correctness' if referring to the "retain power of investigation" bit.  I'll try this later unless someone does it anyway.

Edited by NameGoesHere

10 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

My guess is last word is probably something that suggests either irreversibility, or finality (if referring to cremation) or 'correctness' if referring to the "retain power of investigation" bit.  I'll try this later unless someone does it anyway.

You've guessed 5 and 9!

Clue for word 10.

Bunburyist :winky:

17 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

You've guessed 5 and 9!

Clue for word 10.

Bunburyist :winky:

"do not like  IT ” said the man in the black TIE. “The RITE may be impressive, but when you INTER a man, you RETAIN a CERTAIN power of investigation. REACTION against  CREMATION will set in when the IMPORTANCE of this fact becomes known.

:yess: 

vIf0lAD.gif

18 minutes ago, velu said:

"do not like  IT ” said the man in the black TIE. “The RITE may be impressive, but when you INTER a man, you RETAIN a CERTAIN power of investigation. REACTION against  CREMATION will set in when the IMPORTANCE of this fact becomes known.

:yess: 

vIf0lAD.gif

^^ if you had but looked up one post above yours...

Q18

Identify the company

1. The founder of this company served in WWII in a suicide quad whose task was to ram enemy ships with explosives. Miraculously he survived.

2. Just after the war he founded a fishing net making company. In a few years he was the market leader in his country in that space.

3. When plastic based fishing equipment was introduced, this company lost its competitive edge. So the company decided to use its technical know how and are market leaders (across the world) in an unrelated field.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Q18

Identify the company

1. The founder of this company served in WWII in a suicide quad whose task was to ram enemy ships with explosives. Miraculously he survived.

2. Just after the war he founded a fishing net making company. In a few years he was the market leader in his country in that space.

3. When plastic based fishing equipment was introduced, this company lost its competitive edge. So the company decided to use its technical know how and are market leaders (across the world) in an unrelated field.

japanese guy ?