Wimbledon cancelled for the first time since World War II due to pandemic

Gollum

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

LINK

Last year's final sealed Fed's legacy, 3rd best in his own era :((

I think 2020 AO will be the last slam win for the big 3. The way things are going, there won't be any USO either. Fed will always be no.1 and will also end up at top with 20 GS wins. Thiem, Zverev, and Tsitsipas will be extra hungry coming after the break. I said after the knee injury that Fed got after the AO that his playing days are over. But it looks like the other two are also done. Djoker will get the most weeks at no.1 though

18 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I think 2020 AO will be the last slam win for the big 3. The way things are going, there won't be any USO either. Fed will always be no.1 and will also end up at top with 20 GS wins. Thiem, Zverev, and Tsitsipas will be extra hungry coming after the break. I said after the knee injury that Fed got after the AO that his playing days are over. But it looks like the other two are also done. Djoker will get the most weeks at no.1 though

Nadal will be RG contender for another 5 years. Nole too will win at least a couple more, and slam count isn't the only factor in deciding who is #1. 

Well Federer will still be second fav to win after Djokovic. I mean who else is good on grass and can actually play on the surface? None of the young gens at least. Tsitsipas, Thiem, Zverev have not learnt to play on grass yet , and will likely not reach deep until the later stages of their career. In Thiem's case he might be good to reach QFs of grass events but not win them. 2016-17 was an outlier. 

So Federer is second in line to win Wimbledon after Djokovic, for the next few years. Nadal being third favourite. If guys like Murray, Delpo were healthy they would have been threats to win ,but sadly they are in the last stages of their career. Grass courts will be dominated mostly by DJ and Fed until someone who can actually play on the surface shows up. 

On 4/4/2020 at 1:25 AM, I6MTW said:

Well Federer will still be second fav to win after Djokovic. I mean who else is good on grass and can actually play on the surface? None of the young gens at least. Tsitsipas, Thiem, Zverev have not learnt to play on grass yet , and will likely not reach deep until the later stages of their career. In Thiem's case he might be good to reach QFs of grass events but not win them. 2016-17 was an outlier. 

So Federer is second in line to win Wimbledon after Djokovic, for the next few years. Nadal being third favourite. If guys like Murray, Delpo were healthy they would have been threats to win ,but sadly they are in the last stages of their career. Grass courts will be dominated mostly by DJ and Fed until someone who can actually play on the surface shows up. 

Tsitsipas has the ability to win. He hasn't been consistent but that will improve with age. I had him as a dark horse to win this years wimby before it was cancelled. Tsitsi reminds me a little bit of a young federer in the way he plays. He takes the ball early and can wrong foot opponents and finish points early

Federer is not winning any gs after this. he is done. Its sad that the last time he played resulted in a nightmarish loss. 2020 he had a chance but with age catching up, its highly improbable that he will win any gs including wimby in 2021. He may also retire anytime soon. I don;t think dj and rafa are winning either but @Gollum disagrees.