Pick ur ATG ODI sides for- 1975-90s vs 1990s-2005 vs 2005-2020 vs Future team and Decide who ll win?

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

good luck calling that team comedy whose attack has starc, lee, bond and batsman who not only were consistent but very damaging

Bowling attack means zilch when others have good bowling attacks too. As for batsmen vs. ATG bowlers, I see only Hussey, ABDV, and Kohli if batting at #4 .... if it were playing a national team, I would give it more points :dontknow:

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Bowling attack means zilch when others have good bowling attacks too. As for batsmen vs. ATG bowlers, I see only Hussey, ABDV, and Kohli if batting at #4 .... if it were playing a national team, I would give it more points :dontknow:

Other dont have the pace that team C has 

Doesnt matter what u see 

2 hours ago, zen said:

D Houghton (one of the best WK batsmen that I have seen. Can win a game on his own. Almost single handedly could have won a game for Zim in 87 WC Here like Kapil vs. ZIm in '83)

Rules are rules - he is not eligible for that team. 

He is only eligible for post 90s team. Had it been 40-60 still i wud hve said ok. 

His international record is taken not when he played at his peak in domestic

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Other dont have the pace that team C has 

Doesnt matter what u see 

Irrelevant point .... If pace is sole criteria then Team A can bring in Holding and company, Team B can bring in Akthar and so on 

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rules are rules - he is not eligible for that team. 

He is only eligible for post 90s team. Had it been 40-60 still i wud hve said ok. 

His international record is taken not when he played at his peak in domestic

He is an 80s cricketer .... Zim usually only played in WCs in 80s

Edited by zen
8 minutes ago, zen said:

Irrelevant point .... If pace is sole criteria then Team A can bring in Holding and company, Team B can bring in Akthar and so on 

u think bond, lee, starc was just about pace??

u give starc old ball like in 90s n if gets reverse his number will go off roof and add if he gets batsman without helmet his number wud be scary

Bond swung the ball at pace n had great control

Let Team B bring akthar coz team has rohit, kohli, yuvi, hussey all very good players of high pace and he is big minus on field and donald beats him in number 

7 minutes ago, zen said:

He is an 80s cricketer whether you like it or not 

who cares , the rules were set ur only qualified in the time u played 12 games in 63 cant make him eligible. 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

u think bond, lee, starc was just about pace??

u give starc old ball like in 90s n if gets reverse his number will go off roof and add if he gets batsman without helmet his number wud be scary

Bond swung the ball at pace n had great control

Let Team B bring akthar coz team has rohit, kohli, yuvi, hussey all very good players of high pace 

You are the one talking about pace. Appears as if you have no clue about what the likes of Lillee-Garner-Holding-Imran-Hadlee-Thompson-.... can do too .... Team B has Waqar as well 

who cares , the rules were set ur only qualified in the time u played 12 games in 63 cant make him eligible. 

No one buys that esp. if people do not even understand the key point in a cricketer's career 

Edited by zen
2 minutes ago, zen said:

You are the one talking about pace. Appears as if you have no clue about likes of Lillee-Garner-Holding can do 

Lillee wasnt about pace

And all those guys number wud also be affected once they wud  play in modern era where rules are so against bowlers 

i knw what they can do , i didnt say any team had weak bowling infact all have great attack....warne though gives B an edge but C also has a high pace attack with a lot of skill. Now im doubting their skills but other teams have also high skilled bowler but the X factor

• Warne 
  • Pace of C team and most days with control
  • A has garner height n bounce 

So no one can dismiss Team C as comedy 

2 minutes ago, zen said:

No one buys that esp. if people do not even understand the key point in a cricketers career 

no one cares about how good were u when u didnt play all what matters is when u did , did u see ICC giving him some extra bonus on his number or SA players that cudnt play for long

45 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Lillee wasnt about pace

And all those guys number wud also be affected once they wud  play in modern era where rules are so against bowlers 

i knw what they can do , i didnt say any team had weak bowling infact all have great attack....warne though gives B an edge but C also has a high pace attack with a lot of skill. Now im doubting their skills but other teams have also high skilled bowler but the X factor

• Warne 

I have called it comedy mainly for its relative lack of batting .... you are the one who brought in bowling. good to see that you agree that there is no big swing in advantage in bowling across the board 

no one cares about how good were u when u didnt play all what matters is when u did , did u see ICC giving him some extra bonus on his number or SA players that cudnt play for long

He is primarily an 80s cricketer and belongs to Kapil-Shastri-Srikant's age group.  He did not play more because Zim did not play more .... Now if you do not want to pick him in your team that is fine but, ideally, he could be considered for that period too .... It is good that cricketers like him can get some kind of recognition from fans 

PS Note as for SA players, people do make exceptions to recognize special talents and consider players like Barry Richards, Mike Proctor, and G Pollock even though they have played less cricket  :winky:  

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, zen said:

relative lack of batting

:hysterical:

Rohit , kohli, abdv , dhoni, atg all are ATG in odi 

Yuvi at his best was one the best going around world n we all knw what he did in 2 wcs

Watson avg 40+ with bat 31 with ball with under 5 eco....scored back to back 100s in CT semi n finals.

That batting is consistency with impact. 

Plus a very good fielding side and fielding always a major role.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

:hysterical:

Rohit , kohli, abdv , dhoni, atg all are ATG in odi 

Yuvi at his best was one the best going around world n we all knw what he did in 2 wcs

Watson avg 40+ with bat 31 with ball with under 5 eco....scored back to back 100s in CT semi n finals.

That batting is consistency with impact. 

Plus a very good fielding side and fielding always a major role.

The key word is "relative" and vs. ATG sides :winky: .... and which is why it is termed a comedy :hehe:  

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Lillee wasnt about pace

• Warne 

Warne would hardly trouble batsmen like Rohit, Kohli, Dhoni, Hussey who have faced more difficult bowlers in Murli and Ajmal, them being chuckers. But because they were chuckers I don't count them. Then Imran Tahir is very underrated. He is probably as good an ODI bowler as Warne.

Edited by rkt.india
12 hours ago, zen said:

Good to see that people have confidence in the top 3 of Rohit-Watson-Kohli vs. Hadlee-Lillee-Garner and McGrath-Donald-Wasim .... Likewise Tendulkar-Gilly-Ponting, who may fare better vs. their opponents than the top 3 of Team C but, at best, we may only see a collection of good looking 30-40s 

I have not even attempted to create my version of Team C because of the comical batting options relative to other teams :hehe:

Comical is thinking 80s players will perform better than modern players in ODIs, team C which probably has the 6-7 greatest ODI cricketers of all time and you thinking that likes of Lee-Bond-Starc are any less bowlers than in team A and B.

Edited by rkt.india
5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Comical is thinking 80s players will perform better than modern players in ODIs, team C which probably has the 6-7 greatest ODI cricketers of all time. 

Great so I take it that based on your assessment 2035 team will be the best  :dance:

Edited by zen
4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Warne would hardly trouble batsmen like Rohit, Kohli, Dhoni, Hussey who have faced more difficult bowlers in Murli and Ajmal, them being chuckers. But because they were chuckers I don't count them. Then Imran Tahir is very underrated. He is probably as good an ODI bowler as Warne.

warne troubled dhoni in IPL and warne was retired by then , dhoni did have few issues against spinner who took ball away once he changed his game around 2007 end ...his s/r was low against left arm spinners 

Future XI

Jason Roy
Bairstrow
De kock
KL Rahul
Ben stokes
Nicholas pooran
Butler
Rashid khan
Rabadda
Archer
Bumrah

Cummins
Babar azam

Their bowling attack is superb and with rashid n archer a lower order as well . 

Just for Fun i Added an Expected Future ATG (now those who ll ask how can we pick that- well its for fun and 2nd yea right as other teams will turn into reality)

Future XI is picked on bases of guys who ll end up playing more then they have played before 2020 -

bairstrow, stokes, Butler can be considered border line cases but call taken to strengthen that team 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
On 4/17/2020 at 1:22 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pick ur ATG ODI sides for- 1975-90s vs 90s-2005 vs 2005-2015 vs Future 

Rules -

• If a player has played in both timelines See in which he played more games or had his peak 
  • If there is a case like Lee who almost played similar number of games n had similar stats then he can go either where
  • No option decide clear cut one player

Here is mine- 

Team A (1975-90s) Team B (90-2005) Team C (2005-2020) D- Future

1 Gordon greendige Gilly Rohit De kock
2 desmond haynes Sachin Watson Bairstrow
3 Zaheer abbas Ponting Kohli De kock
4 Viv richards Lara ABDV KL Rahul
5 Clive lyod bevan Yuvraj singh Ben stokes
6 imran khan Symonds Hussey Nicholas pooran
7 kapil dev Klusner Dhoni Butler
8 Rodney marsh Warne Imran Tahir Rashid khan
9 Qadir Donald Lee Rabadda
10 Hadlee wasim Starc Archer
11 Joel Garner Mcgrath Bond Bumrah

Extra Dean jones Murali Malinga Cummins
  any roberts INZY KP Babar azam

Since i havent seen 1975-90s i picked team basis on number ,team combination, strategy n what ever i knew about players

Im going with 90s-2005 team

Just for Fun i Added an Expected ATG (now those who ll ask how can we pick that- well its for fun and 2nd yea right as other teams will turn into reality)

Future XI is picked on bases of guys who ll end up playing more then they have played before 2020 - bairstrow, stokes, Butler can be considered border line cases but call taken to strengthen that team 

Pick the best sides u can decide who ll win - 

Shane bond played only 58 odi after 2004,its proved u have shortage of fast bowling in 2005- 2020 team 

54 minutes ago, kohli said:

Shane bond played only 58 odi after 2004,its proved u have shortage of fast bowling in 2005- 2020 team 

Well He had a short career only due to injuries 

they have malinga, bracken, johnson , shami, morkel , steyn also , even ajmal the chucker is allowed its not that his records got banned even though it seriously needs to happen

Also post 2011 it became for bowlers

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
On 4/17/2020 at 1:22 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pick ur ATG ODI sides for- 1975-90s vs 90s-2005 vs 2005-2015 vs Future 

Rules -

• If a player has played in both timelines See in which he played more games or had his peak 
  • If there is a case like Lee who almost played similar number of games n had similar stats then he can go either where
  • No option decide clear cut one player

Here is mine- 

Team A (1975-90s) Team B (90-2005) Team C (2005-2020) D- Future

1 Gordon greendige Gilly Rohit Roy
2 desmond haynes Sachin Watson Bairstrow
3 Zaheer abbas Ponting Kohli De kock
4 Viv richards Lara ABDV KL Rahul
5 Clive lyod bevan Yuvraj singh Ben stokes
6 imran khan Symonds Hussey Nicholas pooran
7 kapil dev Klusner Dhoni Butler
8 Rodney marsh Warne Imran Tahir Rashid khan
9 Qadir Donald Lee Rabadda
10 Hadlee wasim Starc Archer
11 Joel Garner Mcgrath Bond Bumrah

Extra Dean jones Murali Malinga Cummins
  any roberts INZY KP Babar azam

Since i havent seen 1975-90s i picked team basis on number ,team combination, strategy n what ever i knew about players

Im going with 90s-2005 team

Just for Fun i Added an Expected ATG (now those who ll ask how can we pick that- well its for fun and 2nd yea right as other teams will turn into reality)

Future XI is picked on bases of guys who ll end up playing more then they have played before 2020 - bairstrow, stokes, Butler can be considered border line cases but call taken to strengthen that team 

Pick the best sides u can decide who ll win - 

@Harsh Thakor- i already have done this here

Edited by Ankit_sharma03