Ashwin's YouTube channel

Gollum

On 5/1/2024 at 3:12 AM, Gollum said:

Agree, that is why people who mock other people's accents are morons IMO, especially Indians doing that to fellow Indians. It only makes the speaker more shy, embarrassed and hesitant to converse in the language in the future (have seen that with my own eyes especially in college where students are generally immature). If people are willing to take the challenge of learning a new language, it should be encouraged. 

likewise, we should not mock someone's english either, when it's not their native language.

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 6:37 AM, Nikhil_cric said:

As a South Indian, the grammar and the use of gender for neutral things is what I struggle with the most. Unless you've grown up listening/watching Hindi content ,it's almost impossible to get it correct 

Yep. The lack of neuter gender was deliberately designed by rickshaw drivers and shop-keepers in Delhi, so they could identify the non-native speakers and charge them more :-).

Funny story: One time (back in the 80s) 2 of my aunts were in a cab in Delhi and the Sikh driver was driving really rashly. They kept conversing in Palakkad Tamizh saying things like "Ivan ippDi oTTinaa enga poi cherappOromo ennavo." etc. (If he drives like this, where are we going to reach?)

Then they handed him a large denomination and he turned around and said in chaste Tamizh - "Sorry Amma silrai irundhaa kuDunga" Turned out he had lived in Chennai (Madras) for years before moving to Delhi. Imagine my aunts' embarrassment.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
On 5/1/2024 at 2:34 AM, Gollum said:

More interesting YT content on his channel. Interviews with Hussey, Kumble, DK, Kela as well.

Sharing this one because Kuly is ICF ka favorite. Seems like a big football fan. @randomGuy bhai, how do you rate Ashwin's Hindi?

All this is ok, but isn't it incumbent upon the national bowling coach to give these pointers to bowlers? Rather than just peers and franchise coaches?

5 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

All this is ok, but isn't it incumbent upon the national bowling coach to give these pointers to bowlers? Rather than just peers and franchise coaches?

national bolwing coach--who..