The Over Reaction

IKP is not bowling fast enough to be playing tests
Are you sure about that? In the final spell of the day, he bowled at 135kph. However, I agree that to the eye, his bowling seems slow and it lacks venom - but it may just be an optical illusion - I don't know. Irfan Pathan is a necessity when India want to play five bowlers (which should not be done without two people of Pathan's batting quality at seven and eight) since he helped boost the batting of the tail, or as today, the middle order:haha:
Are you sure about that? In the final spell of the day, he bowled at 135kph. However, I agree that to the eye, his bowling seems slow and it lacks venom - but it may just be an optical illusion - I don't know. Irfan Pathan is a necessity when India want to play five bowlers (which should not be done without two people of Pathan's batting quality at seven and eight) since he helped boost the batting of the tail, or as today, the middle order:haha:
I agree that he is the best actually the only all rounder that we have :giggle: but for his bowling , I think he was bowling Phastest in the last spell ... in his earlier spells he was way slower.
When he is not swinging the ball...Pathan looks totally harmless.
He does. Perhaps he bowls with too much of a tilted seam with the older ball. Although this is good for new ball and a type of reverse swing, it may limit pace off the pitch (fingers not entirely behind the ball?) and seam movement.

India's recent wins have come when the ball has swung - they have Sreesanth, RP Singh and Pathan, all relying on that factor - but here the onus was on hitting the deck with pace and extracting bounce, and the hosts' vulnerability to these conditions was ruthlessly exposed.

Lets take a look at how we've performed since the WC last year. Bangladesh Tour: Test Series Won 1-0, One-Day Series Won 2-0 Ireland/South Africa Tour: One off Oneday against Ireland Won South Africa ODI Series: Won 2-1 Future Cup England Test Series: Won 1-0 ODI Series: Lost 4-3 Twenty20 WC: Won the WC Australia ODI Series: Lost 4-2 Pakistan ODI Series: Won 3-2 Test Series: Won 1-0 Australia Test Series: Lost 2-1 CB Series: Won 2-0 in Finals against Australia SA Series: Present. If I interpret this correctly, we've done pretty well in the past year so (starting from the Bangladesh Series). We've lost 2 ODI Series and 1 well competed test series. We won 4 ODI Series, 2 Test Series. So, thats a pretty good record I think. We've drawn a couple of test matches we should've won but I think after this senior side leaves, we'll see more aggression from whoever is chosen as the captain of the Test side, since they are a bit younger. Let us not hate our team for 1 abysmal performance. March/April just doesn't seem too good for us :((

surely there is some over reaction on our yesterday's poor batting display.. and at same point there has been massive over reaction from ppl that INdia are the no. 1 test side n stuff after doing well in Aus.. don't u fellows think like that??? now some critics need to stop criticizing the batting display.. it's once in w while.. our team doesn't get bowled out for less then 100 often.. same for other folkz, we aren't NO.1 team.. Australia is.. put that in ur head..
Getting out for 76 when the other team is piling on runs is pathetic. Yeah I understand this is just a game. However, India no matter how good they look on paper will never be consistent winners. It is just not in the blood. We tend to get complacent very quickly. Plus there is too much money thrown around and too much adulation. Plus the constant year long cricket does not help. India has always been inconsistent with spotty performances and it will be like that in the future. BCCI does not help the situation with IPL pimping players around for advertisement.
Guest Hiten.
Why is ICL a joke ?... You need to look at the young Indian players who give 100% and just happy to play Cricket with some recognition
those young Indian players have been outplayed by the oldies in most of the games. Which is quite pathetic
Guest whineleg

this iz not an overreaction. india has played badly this test, and we are just showing that we are unhappy with their performancez

Right, it ain't over yet. We have 8 more wickets, and we'll bat three more dayz. Cheers, three more days of Indian batting :two_thumbs_up: :hahaha: Folding like a pack of cardz! dumbos :angry_smile:
SA wins the test match by 120 runs and ONE innings. Rediff headlines: SA rapes shameless indian pansy team.