Fellow fans, gather yourselves

C'mon everyone, we are not Taliban where barbarianism still prevails, nor are we the nazi Germany or Stalin's Russia where only one chance to fail is given to its subjects. We are India. Right from the indus valley civilization when the floods destroyed even the main citadel on the peak of a mountain, till the tsunami which hit us in the form of 2007 WC, we fell hundreds of times; and yet we survive to win. If you ask me losing to SA isn't really bad. They are a good team, and they did not cheat either. Everyone loses, its just that we are about to recieve a unforgettable pounding in the next few days thats all. Didn't we ever give a pounding to any other team? Didn't you enjoy that moment? But then, you need to ask yourself this question - Are you a moron fanatic who will post morphed pictures of our team in the internet as soon as we lose, burn effigies, threaten with phonecalls, boo sachin in his home ground, support rival players on home ground, stone the player's homes... and then without any shame will parade the players on the streets as if everything is forgotten. or Are you a true fan. Who enjoys cricket and celebrates indian victories lightly and get on with it. Who will show his staunch support no matter what happens to the team and its fortunes. Choose it. But remember one thing, those who own the team even after the 2nd test will enjoy future victories ten times more. People who showed support to the team even after 2007WC and enjoyed the 20-20WC will know what Iam talking about.

But then, you need to ask yourself this question - Are you a moron fanatic who will post morphed pictures of our team in the internet as soon as we lose, burn effigies, threaten with phonecalls, boo sachin in his home ground, support rival players on home ground, stone the player's homes... and then without any shame will parade the players on the streets as if everything is forgotten. or Are you a true fan. Who enjoys cricket and celebrates indian victories lightly and get on with it. Who will show his staunch support no matter what happens to the team and its fortunes. Choose it. But remember one thing, those who own the team even after the 2nd test will enjoy future victories ten times more. People who showed support to the team even after 2007WC and enjoyed the 20-20WC will know what Iam talking about.
I am sad to say that most of the posters on this forum fall into the first category. But that is just the way Indians are - they are fickle[r] and have memories which don't extend beyond the last match or series.

Super post. I like to say that I am closer to the second category than the first. Of course, the first reaction after WC'07 was "Disgusting." Then, it was sympathy. Then it was supporting the team. Then it was the feeling, "A WC without India doesn't deserve my following." but I still followed and rooted for SL to win, which they.. didn't. Anyways, thanks for the post. It was much needed for myself.

Great post - good to see some solidarity. India have not been the luckiest either' date=' several close chances - and this is just one bad innings, a series win is not out of the question and a series draw certainly isn't.
series win? How? 1-1 is still a series draw.
Guest Hiten.

For some reason, I am not disgusted by our performance in this game. I am pretty sad that we were bundled out for 76 in a very cheap manner. But I am just not getting the kick to hate the team on a whole for this performance of theirs. I still think we can draw this game, if our batsmen play to their fullest potential (for this to happen pigs will have to fly). Meh.. Chances of draw are not completely wiped.

For some reason, I am not disgusted by our performance in this game. I am pretty sad that we were bundled out for 76 in a very cheap manner. But I am just not getting the kick to hate the team on a whole for this performance of theirs. I still think we can draw this game, if our batsmen play to their fullest potential (for this to happen pigs will have to fly). Meh.. Chances of draw are not completely wiped.
one hate's the team only if isn't a true or regular follower of the tam.. if one is die hard supporter, then he will never hate the team unless and untill it's players are playing match fixing game out there.. some ppl are just sick.. i hate myself that i have been quite.. but then its forum. i can't curse.. but some fans deserve to be cursed for the kind of showing
Are you a moron fanatic who will post morphed pictures of our team in the internet as soon as we lose, burn effigies, threaten with phonecalls, boo sachin in his home ground, support rival players on home ground, stone the player's homes... and then without any shame will parade the players on the streets as if everything is forgotten. OR Are you a true fan. Who enjoys cricket and celebrates indian victories lightly and get on with it. Who will show his staunch support no matter what happens to the team and its fortunes.
OR You are a person who likes cricket but it doesnt overtake anything else if your life. You keep things in perspective and just as you don't get multiple orgasms when India win a game similarly you dont get a heart attack when they lose. I am in 3rd category :hatsoff:
THere is a feeling of disbelief right now, but I know this team has too much quality & will bounce back soon.
I think they are going to bounce back in this match. It ain't over yet. Fight to the end...doesn't matter if you win or lose. Give a good account of yourself. I am behind them either way.