Gearing up for Kanpur

Feed

Munaf Patel, who has replaced the out of form pacer RP Singh, has joined the team and was sweating it out at the nets. More... Kumble, Harbhajan skip practice; Ishant still to join team Press Trust Of India Ahmedabad, April 07, 2008 First Published: 12:20 IST(7/4/2008) Last Updated: 15:00 IST(7/4/2008) Recovering from a groin injury that may force him out of the third cricket Test against South Africa, Indian captain Anil Kumble skipped the team's practice session along with off spinner Harbhajan Singh, who is nursing a stomach bug, in Ahmedabad on Monday. In the gruelling net session which is expected to go on till evening, ODI skipper and wicketkeeper Mahendra Singh Dhoni wielded the willow but stayed away from fielding practice. Munaf Patel, who has replaced the out of form pacer RP Singh, has joined the team and was sweating it out at the nets. But there was no sign of his pace colleague Ishant Sharma, who has still not joined the side.

Looks like things are still not good for Indi even for the third test. Kumble looks sure to be ruled out because in this state he is more or less useless for the team. Ishant not joining the practice after being passed fit is yet another spot of bother for the fans. Where is he? Why is he not sweating it out with the team mates and tries to get into some kind of rhythm before the third test, if he is to be chosen? And what about the batting? I don't think any team could come back even to draw a test after being bundled for 76 under one session in a test match. It is most certainly the batting which is letting India down. Dravid still looks out of form and Laxman's performance is not even worth mentioning. And what to do with such an inconsistent opener? Karthik lost his place after performing badly in just two tests despite being the highest scorer in the series just before that in England. Does Jaffer deserve a longer rope? If yes, then why? Apart from Ganguly, no one was in a mood to fight it out in the second inning and that was really shameful.

Chandan...i really don't believe that indian batsmen came with a resolve to fight it out..in second innings in Motera.. they were just trying to save their test spot...and sad;y..they even failed in doing so... we lost the match when we were 400 runs behind..and had 3 days to bat... the thing is...players were not involved in the match ...it was as if..their body was there..but mind was some where else.. There was no hunger and resolve....and in this situation..Kaif would have been ideal candidate for a middle order birth in next match.. i think he would do well....

Looks like things are still not good for Indi even for the third test. Kumble looks sure to be ruled out because in this state he is more or less useless for the team. Ishant not joining the practice after being passed fit is yet another spot of bother for the fans. Where is he? Why is he not sweating it out with the team mates and tries to get into some kind of rhythm before the third test, if he is to be chosen? And what about the batting? I don't think any team could come back even to draw a test after being bundled for 76 under one session in a test match. It is most certainly the batting which is letting India down. Dravid still looks out of form and Laxman's performance is not even worth mentioning. And what to do with such an inconsistent opener? Karthik lost his place after performing badly in just two tests despite being the highest scorer in the series just before that in England. Does Jaffer deserve a longer rope? If yes, then why? Apart from Ganguly, no one was in a mood to fight it out in the second inning and that was really shameful.
I don't think Ishant has been passed fit. His and Kumble's tests are on the 10th.
South Africa are saying preparing a turning pitch will play into their hands. One win has gone to their heads. Time for a 90s style track and innings defeat.
Agreed. In the second test, Indians under estimated SA bowlers on a bowler friendly pitch and lost the test by an innings. Now it's SA's turn to get doomed by the Indian spinners :dance:
Guest whineleg

Oh no Dadaji Patel is back? I am sure he would have loved to skip practice as well and sit and put his shoez up in the dressing room.

Gearing up for Kanpur India and South African teams arrived in Kanpur for the third and final Test, beginning on April 11 at Green Park stadium. More... Teams arrive in Kanpur for third Test 8cf75329-f31a-4084-8a12-7a548e0465f2HiRes.JPG#@%23@%230Geared up for the third Test: Skipper Anil Kumble followed by pacer Munaf Patel at the Sardar Patel Press Trust Of India Kanpur, April 08, 2008 First Published: 20:01 IST(8/4/2008) Last Updated: 20:03 IST(8/4/2008) The cricket teams of India and South Africa arrived in Kanpur on Tuesday for the third and final Test, beginning on April 11 at Green Park stadium. Both the teams were accorded a traditional welcome at a city hotel where Indian players were welcomed by putting a 'tilak' on the forehand. Indian spinner Harbhajan Singh was seen interacting with the South African players as they entered the hotel. Local heroes Mohammed Kaif, who made it to the team as a replacement of injured Sachin Tendulkar, and leg-spinner Piyush Chawla also interacted with the hotel staff. Pacer Ishant Sharma and off-spinner Romesh Powar had arrived ahead of their teammates from New Delhi. India are trailing the series 0-1 and must win the third Test to square the series.

I think the Head of pitch committee Daljit singh has gone mad about preparing sporting pitches when we need a spinning track. All the countries play to there strength australia prepare fast wickets when india travel there as well as South Africa who likes to give us chin music when we visit them and they also get full support from there curators then why the hell this guy is not giving a dust ball and give south africa spin music. I can't understand the philsphy here. they should have given these kind of wickets when pakistan was travelling due travesty of pace bowling in pakistan but gave them absolute patta. I think this guy is still suffering from colonial hangover.:banghead:

Fascinating to see Recovering RP singh labeled out of form after playing just two games that when he has bowled so well the whole of last year. Fans demanding a turning track when just last week everyone wanted a sporting track. Faith shown in talented but young, in-exp, 1 series old Sharma to turn our fortunes.