Discussion during Kanpur test vs SA,2008

glad they shut his mouth up and also that coach's big mouth , he was telling media , they will not allow spinners to dominate, the SA lost this match because they were so defensive and also again they showed why they are called the biggest chokers. All hype with dale steyn flopped , he can take wickets of tail enders only he looked most ineffective of all three pacers in all three he was mopping up the tail to get his wickets where morkel troubled the batsman most.

yeh its a real test' date=' but the pitch should be able to provide atleast 4 days of cricket[/quote'] It would have last 4 days if batsmen from both sides showed some application, more than half of the wickets were due batsman playing rash strokes and gifting their wickets sehwag and de villers in the first innings were prime examples those wickets had nothing to do with wicket.

He does say this about Ishant though, in sync with what many of us think:

It was a mixed bag [the pace attack of both teams]. But what I can say is that Ishant Sharma makes a big difference to this Indian attack. They look a different side. They believe that they have someone who can match bowlers in the other teams. His extra height helps, as does his ability to bowl a good line and bowl those really unplayable deliveries. He is a key player and I think India have to ensure that he goes from strength to strength and gets stronger and becomes a formidable force.

Saffies dont deserve to be rated until they can prove that they can compete with the Aussies. Too many times in the past, they have looked like a great test unit, only to come unstuck against their nemesis, both at home & away. For all the talk about how well Saffiies have done, lets remind them that they won a test in conditions that suited them. India won the Jo'burg test on a seaming wicket, Perth test on a bouncy wicket. A typical Indian wicket at Ahmedabad, wouldnt have given them the remotest chance of winning a test in this series. Therefore, i dont rate their performance as highly this series. They competed well, but not nearly as good as the Aussies (who almost won the Mumbai test back in 2005 in similar conditions).

and how he changes his stand easily.. a victory has put these morons in their place..

DC: They probably couldn't find the balance between attack and defence. But you have to give credit where it is due. India were the side I expected them to be and it's taken them two and half Tests to get going. When someone like Harbhajan finds the correct length and gets bounce, it makes things really tough. South Africa won the toss, but missed an opportunity in the first innings [by not putting up a big score], and then once again, allowing India today, to get a 60-run lead. This is virtually how tough Tests are. An hour or two can make a difference, a couple of dismissals can - there were a couple of rash shots played by the South African batsmen in the first innings - all those things add up in the bigger scale of things. It will be a great learning experience for the younger players, but having said that, this is the most experience South African Test side in a long time. They will have mixed feelings, but once they were under it today, they were unable to respond, and the way things were out there, I don't think any side would have been able to respond.
well done India...
not a bad prediction' date=' was closer than what most people predicted. sa made 121 all out & sehwag made 22 off 12 balls[/quote'] You were almost right about Sehwag's 400 at Chennai too. You seem to be pretty good at speculating. Am sure you "made your girl friend in 9 days", didnt you ?
drop him , i say... an avg of big fat zero (which is well below 30, the avg fixed by some experts here to continue in the team) against a quality SA attack is atrocious for the so called best batsman let him go back to domestic n get himself back to form...
yeh make him retire he can get a job running around the world with that olympic torch