Question about google forms

BacktoCricaddict

So, when you make a google form and get a link to copy-paste into an email, it always gives you a lengthy URL and then there is a box to shorten the URL. 

Why can't it just give the shorter URL in the first place?  Why would anyone in their right mind want to use the long URL when there is a choice of a shorter one?  I am guessing there is some IT-related quirk because, as an end-user, I don't get the logic.

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

42 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

So, when you make a google form and get a link to copy-paste into an email, it always gives you a lengthy URL and then there is a box to shorten the URL. 

Why can't it just give the shorter URL in the first place?  Why would anyone in their right mind want to use the long URL when there is a choice of a shorter one?  I am guessing there is some IT-related quirk because, as an end-user, I don't get the logic.

Long URLs embed Tracking codes Helps you track who clicks on your URL using some sort of tracking s/w 

https://www.matrixgroup.net/thematrixfiles/blog/whats-behind-those-long-urls-tracking-codes-of-course/#:~:text=Ever wonder why these URL,the source of a click.

On 11/11/2020 at 12:28 PM, BacktoCricaddict said:

Shortened urls could mask malicious links, so transparency is one reason to default to the 'original' url...