Chanderpaul U Legend

Legend is a loosely used term on this forum- legendary has to be something over the course of time, not just one match Chanderpaul did something extraordinary in today's match not something legendary unless he performs comsistently again and again
Id say he's performed pretty consistently he's had bad times like everyone
Id say he's performed pretty consistently he's had bad times like everyone
thats what I meant- whether its Shiv or anyone else the consistency and performance over long term has to be taken into acccount but what I see here is that someone hits a four or six or takes one good catch and is proclaimed a legend As for Shiv, he also did this: 49.1 Tuffey to Chanderpaul, 1 run, walks across the crease, works it away through midwicket, dragging it from outside off stump, 14 off 5 balls needed 49.2 Tuffey to WW Hinds, 1 leg bye, fullish ball, angling into the pad, deflects to short fine leg, only a single available again, 13 from 4 balls needed, getting hard now for the home team, two big hits needed now 49.3 Tuffey to Chanderpaul, FOUR, poor ball, Chanderpaul helps a full toss on its way down to fine leg, reaches the boundary and down to 9 off 3 needed!!! awful delivery considering fine leg was inside the circle 49.4 Tuffey to Chanderpaul, FOUR, Chanderpaul is doing it for the West Indies! down the track, strikes it high over mid off, close to the boundary, umpire Doctrove signals a six, but the New Zealanders don't like it, TV replay called for, and is changed to a four that could be crucial in itself, 5 off 2 balls needed 49.5 Tuffey to Chanderpaul, FOUR, Chanderpaul does it again! down the leg side, swings it away down to the fine leg boundary, Tuffey loses the plot the West Indies have won the series, though the scores are level, one ball remaining in the match the crowd rush on to the field, but have to be hauled back off, the match isn't over yet 49.6 Tuffey to Chanderpaul, FOUR, and Chanderpaul has done it! comes forward, whips it away through midwicket, over the packed infield, four fours in a row to win the match in amazing style, and the West Indies win by 4 wickets, and take the series 3-1 in the match against Kiwis http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/64777.html

Wow. Never seen that happen before. Scoring 10 off the last 2 ! This is what kids dream of doing.

Yup, quite a fun game that. I remember being quite impressed with the kid's nerve and calm at that stage, because he was turning down singles to tailenders a few times and backing himself to hit the fours/sixes - which he did with ease. Quite a talent (as that game v. Aus also showed), shame he's stuck where he is right now.
That was an incredible game. One of the best ODI's i have ever seen. If that match had been played by say, India and Australia, it would have been remembered as an all-time classic.
Wow. Never seen that happen before. Scoring 10 off the last 2 ! This is what kids dream of doing. That was an incredible game. One of the best ODI's i have ever seen. If that match had been played by say, India and Australia, it would have been remembered as an all-time classic.
I thought Salil was talking about the T20 against Australia during the T20WC, where he played really well. Was there an ODI against Aus, in which he played well as well ?

Was talking about the Bangla/Zim game in terms of the run chase, also referenced the T20 v. Aus when commenting on what a talent he is. As far as 10 off the last 2 - I think Klusener also did something similar in one of the ODIs NZ played in SAF in the late 90s. They got completely reamed that series - very little real strike power with the ball, and Klusener at his peak. (Edit: No, I'm wrong - just a last ball six, but the four was earlier in the over. Still some brilliant batting that entire series though.)

Was talking about the Bangla/Zim game in terms of the run chase, also referenced the T20 v. Aus when commenting on what a talent he is. As far as 10 off the last 2 - I think Klusener also did something similar in one of the ODIs NZ played in SAF in the late 90s. They got completely reamed that series - very little real strike power with the ball, and Klusener at his peak. (Edit: No, I'm wrong - just a last ball six, but the four was earlier in the over. Still some brilliant batting that entire series though.)
o yaa.. NASH was the bowler.. it was back in 99.. rite before 99 wc