AO 2021

Real McCoy

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

2019 Wimbledon final was probably the toughest sports result to accept for me personally, and I am not exaggerating, follow many sports/games and have swallowed many bitter pills over the years. I thought time would heal that awful memory, but every time Nole inches closer to Fed I have PTSD about 40-15, I never thought back to back 2010/11 USO disappointments against the same opponent could be topped but what happened that day was too crushing. Sorry guys if I keep talking about that result, but I just can't flush it out of my memory. I don't hate Nole, actually even admire him, but 0-3 in Wimbledon finals against him is unacceptable. 

Many Fed fans just couldn't move on from those memories. Hope you overcome it man.

Really do not want Nadal to end up with most number of slams. Today's result was a huge one for Nole in terms of slam count. 

Wimbledon is a possibility but don't see Nole winning US. 

21 - 19 looks likely at the end if this year.

On 2/21/2021 at 12:41 PM, Cricketics said:

I am expecting Medvedev to take this game to 5 sets. Expecting an epic guys. Somehow Federer vs Del Po 2009 is on my mind right now.

Can Medvedev stop Djoker here.

Mugvedev choked at 6-5 in the first set and never recovered. If Nole's claim of muscle tear is true, then it seems this is the weakest era of em all and nole is gonna smash all kinda records well into his 40s. Kara sev :phehe: with his limited experience and skills showed more resiliency than Mug with his 20 game winning streak. Losing in straight sets without a fight :facepalm:

On 2/21/2021 at 6:11 PM, Gollum said:

9/9

The GOAT King Nole :hatsoff:

A true Fed fan would not call nole a goat or a king. Fed's record against Nole was still in the positive not so long ago and still is 23-27 which is not bad for a player who is 6 years older than his rival

On 2/21/2021 at 7:05 PM, Gollum said:

Fed going to end up as third wheel in his own era, who would have thought? At least Sampras got to cherish his records for 7-8 years, Fed will see Nole/Nadal zoom past him whilst still playing. He had control over everything, pity he has always been such a mental midget against his main rivals. 

Fed ending up as third wheel and a mental midget is usually said by nadalovic fans. It takes mental strength to make it to 20 GS titles and holding off young rivals at bay. Fed will be always remembered as the best player of this era not as a third wheel

On 2/21/2021 at 7:54 PM, Gollum said:

2019 Wimbledon final was probably the toughest sports result to accept for me personally, and I am not exaggerating, follow many sports/games and have swallowed many bitter pills over the years. I thought time would heal that awful memory, but every time Nole inches closer to Fed I have PTSD about 40-15, I never thought back to back 2010/11 USO disappointments against the same opponent could be topped but what happened that day was too crushing. Sorry guys if I keep talking about that result, but I just can't flush it out of my memory. I don't hate Nole, actually even admire him, but 0-3 in Wimbledon finals against him is unacceptable. 

I'm a fed fan and it was a bad loss in Wim 2019. So close yet too far. But you keep on crying about it and mention having ptsd about 40-15 makes me question if you're really a fed fan. Usually its nadalovic fans who bring this up constantly and since you hate nadal, my suspicion is on you being a nole fan :phehe: Admit it no one will bat an eyelid

And about that koooomar guy, what is your problem.

Edited by Real McCoy

18 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

If you are a Nole fan, I don't have anything against it.

Fed fan, hate Rafa. Fed will soon be displaced, but I don't want Rafa as all time leader. If there is someone who truly deserves to be GOAT apart from Fed it is Nole. Simple logic. 

Can you stop whining about 40-15 all the time. Its what makes me think you are a Fed hater.

All the time? I praise Fed 100 times and point out his mega choke and I am a hater? Classic Sachinsta like argument, don't you remember how they would lose their **** when reminded of the 1999 Chennai choke against Pak? 

That wasn't just 40-15, that changed his (and his great rival's) legacy forever, it was like the RSA 1999 WC SF choke, will always be talked about. If you ask me it is the most important phase of play in tennis history....imagine Fed conquering his mental demons against Nole, B2B wins against Rafa-Nole at an advanced age and not to forget the slam race. Instead he is 0-3 against Nole in finals in his favorite court/tournament, set to be surpassed while still active and can't make a scratch on Nole at latter's home in RLA.  

It doesn't take a mentally fragile player to win 20 GS.

Sachin is all time leading test/ODI run-scorer and still mentally fragile. Same with Messi. 

You need to chill man. I thought you were just fooling around and doing banter. Anyway cheers, AO is done, let us enjoy the D/N test now. 

Edited by Gollum

22 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Fed fan, hate Rafa. Fed will soon be displaced, but I don't want Rafa as all time leader. If there is someone who truly deserves to be GOAT apart from Fed it is Nole. Simple logic. 

All the time? I praise Fed 100 times and point out his mega choke and I am a hater? Classic Sachinsta like argument, don't you remember how they would lose their **** when reminded of the 1999 Chennai choke against Pak? 

That wasn't just 40-15, that changed his (and his great rival's) legacy forever, it was like the RSA 1999 WC SF choke, will always be talked about. If you ask me it is the most important phase of play in tennis history....imagine Fed conquering his mental demons against Nole, B2B wins against Rafa-Nole at an advanced age and not to forget the slam race. Instead he is 0-3 against Nole in finals in his favorite court/tournament, set to be surpassed while still active and can't make a scratch on Nole at latter's home in RLA.  

Sachin is all time leading test/ODI run-scorer and still mentally fragile. Same with Messi. 

You need to chill man. I thought you were just fooling around and doing banter. Anyway cheers, AO is done, let us enjoy the D/N test now. 

The only one who needs to chill is you. I'll tell you why 40-15 isnt a choke. If that serve on 40-15 was a mm higher (Nole was moving in the opp direction), we will all be talking about his break in the previous game and how Fed at 38 raised his game vs a younger ATG. Even that 99 SF is a myth. Actually both sides choked under pressure. Its only that SA choked last and lost the place for the finals.

If you are really a Fed fan, you need to watch the 2007 USO final (remember Darth Federer). There Nole had multiple opportunities to win all three sets but lost the game in straight sets. Would you call that a choke or do you think Fed played better. Also a 38 year old player is weaker physically and mentally against an younger player much less another ATG like Nole. Deal with the loss and move on. Its such a shame that you are still whining about it after 2 years.

36 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

The only one who needs to chill is you. I'll tell you why 40-15 isnt a choke. If that serve on 40-15 was a mm higher (Nole was moving in the opp direction), we will all be talking about his break in the previous game and how Fed at 38 raised his game vs a younger ATG. Even that 99 SF is a myth. Actually both sides choked under pressure. Its only that SA choked last and lost the place for the finals.

If you are really a Fed fan, you need to watch the 2007 USO final (remember Darth Federer). There Nole had multiple opportunities to win all three sets but lost the game in straight sets. Would you call that a choke or do you think Fed played better. Also a 38 year old player is weaker physically and mentally against an younger player much less another ATG like Nole. Deal with the loss and move on. Its such a shame that you are still whining about it after 2 years.

ok