Discussion on Farmers issues in India

dial_100

5 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Nah, elections won't. Do you see the opposition parties in UP raking up the farmer's issue? Nobody gives a chooha's behind about dagardallas of punjab and their goondagiri. Congress is spending all its energy in sowing disaffection among brahmins against BJP, as is BSP. The fact that BJP's alliance partner in haryana hasn't abandoned it tells me this nautanki hasn't gained traction in haryana either - certainly not to the extent where these parties would fear their electoral prospects compromised.

So yeah, it's just the langot heads of punjab.

First your language is offensive but you enjoying ridiculing people you dont like.

Farmers issue like any other issue is settled by elections. Those results wil tell the story. If BJP wins then they have the support else they dont.

As far as sowings seeds I am pretty sure BJP has never demonized an ethnic group. They are pure as Ganga water coming right from Ganghotri.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:50 PM, gattaca said:

Why are only farmers from Punjab protesting ? South has lot of agriculture too. I didn’t hear any protests in south. It seems more like a state issue than farmers issue. Or congress issue.

Punjabi farmer still thinks that country runs on his farmland alone. 

Very difficult to fight the ignorance.

7 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Punjabi farmer still thinks that country runs on his farmland alone. 

Very difficult to fight the ignorance.

They are disproptionately affected. Your response reeks of ignorance. Those farmers are some of the most well informed people I know.

4 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

How are they disproportionately affected? 

Central government after famine etc. in india decided to make these northern states predominantly agriculture based. No industry was developed so now they are dependent on this. The solutionis is to ween them away from agriculture not stop it completely like they plan to do right now.

7 hours ago, Khota said:

Central government after famine etc. in india decided to make these northern states predominantly agriculture based. No industry was developed so now they are dependent on this. The solutionis is to ween them away from agriculture not stop it completely like they plan to do right now.

How do north Indian states compare to states like Telangana in terms of industrial development by central govt?

26 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

Dumb comment!!...Punjab farmers realized the stupidity of Mr. Feku....that he is a uneducated fool and they don't want the greedy corporate companies to dictate terms on them or their farm land in the future. That's why this farmer's protest started & good to see that farmers of Haryana who once fully supported bjp on the Ram Mandir issue now totally undertand that this clown jumla party doesn't care about the farmers, the bjp agenda is to help the greedy rich who fund their elections......it has been all downhill for the bhakts and their LYING party....Cheers :martini_shaken:

So, why aren't farmers of other states realizing it? Why are they ok with greedy companies to dictate terms?

Any reasons for that?

Are you saying that farmers of Punjab are smarter and other state farmers are dumb?

2 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

West Bengal...the largest farming state of India has already realized :smiley: Hopefully UP election results will prove that they also have realized. Punjab farmers have guts.....they started the movement against corrupt bjp.....Haryana farmers thanked them & joined them :nice:

When did West Bengal farmers join the protest?

It's a very simple question.

Please explain why farmers of other states (other than from Punjab, Haryana, West UP) are not joining the protest.

11 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

They did not.....But....Punjab & Haryana farmer leaders were in Bengal spreading awareness during the recently concluded elections where your party lost :smile:

If the so called 'Farm laws' were so good for ALL the farmers of India....why did bjp lose in the largest farming state of India?

And why is that? If farm laws are so bad, why aren't farmers from other states joining the protest?

Largest farming state in India is Andhra Pradesh and BJP lost their before farm laws were introduced.

I still don't understand why you're avoiding that question even when you're so sure that farm laws are so bad for farmers all over India.

Your party? - I am not a BJP member. I am not covinced that farm laws are good for farmers. I am not convinced that it is bad for farmers. So, please educate a layman like me if it is bad why is protest limited to a particular region only?

13 hours ago, Khota said:

Can you show me evidence where government actively rejected all industry permits regularly till date?  

Hard working Punjabi farmer has relied on the MSP and refused to consider other options. The dismantling of this support structure will make him look beyond the crutches. But he does not want that. And he wants rest of the country to follow his way.  How tragic!!!

https://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/the-missing-second-revolution-7112723/

Edited by kepler37b

2 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Dumb comment!!...Punjab farmers realized the stupidity of Mr. Feku....that he is a uneducated fool and they don't want the greedy corporate companies to dictate terms on them or their farm land in the future. That's why this farmer's protest started & good to see that farmers of Haryana who once fully supported bjp on the Ram Mandir issue now totally undertand that this clown jumla party doesn't care about the farmers, the bjp agenda is to help the greedy rich who fund their elections......it has been all downhill for the bhakts and their LYING party....Cheers :martini_shaken:

Even congress had farm laws in it's agenda. 

How does farm laws benefit Adani and Ambani?

Your hatred for one man has clouded your logic.

8 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

How do north Indian states compare to states like Telangana in terms of industrial development by central govt?

A simple comparison would be Karnatka. look at the money pumped into that state for doing nothing.

2 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Can you show me evidence where government actively rejected all industry permits regularly till date?  

Hard working Punjabi farmer has relied on the MSP and refused to consider other options. The dismantling of this support structure will make him look beyond the crutches. But he does not want that. And he wants rest of the country to follow his way.  How tragic!!!

https://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/the-missing-second-revolution-7112723/

Industrialization needs money pumped in from the central government. Whereas states like Karnatka were supported with infusion of central money nothing came towards Punjab.

The arguement they gave was that punjab is close to the border so we will not set any heavy industry in punjab. That is why punjab has lagged.

59 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

What about Telangana?

Electronic revolution happened in that state long time back. The whole southern belt was indusrialized but for IT industry you have to give credit to people of telengana. But there is alwyas a seed which is started with massive capital infusion.

59 minutes ago, Khota said:

Electronic revolution happened in that state long time back. The whole southern belt was indusrialized but for IT industry you have to give credit to people of telengana. But there is alwyas a seed which is started with massive capital infusion.

55 minutes ago, Khota said:

@Trichromatic no where I am absolving the corrupt leadership of Punjab also. Since agriculture is all they knew that is where the leaders arre coming from. It is a vicious cycle.It will decades for Punjab to catch up as they are so far behind.

Thanks for the reply.

I was looking at 2011 data. 

image.png

39% of workforce is dependent on agriculture in Punjab. 

Haven't looked at numbers of other states, but overall % is lower than the national average of 42%.