Andrew Symonds

Zakhmi

Rivalry with Indians will persist in IPL: Symonds Gaurav Kalra: One of the things that we like doing here in India is build up the rivalries - usually it is Glenn McGrath vs Sachin Tendulkar or Shane Warne vs VVS Laxman. Now, there can be some new ones - Andrew Symonds vs Ricky Ponting or Mike Hussey for instance. How is it going to be like to go up against all of your teammates? Andrew Symonds: Sometimes it becomes difficult because you play so much with them that you sort of live your lives with them and it is sometimes a strange feeling to be playing against some of your best mates. It is sometimes like you are betraying them but then you are a professional, so you have to get your job done. Gaurav Kalra: Couple of other things - were you nervous taking that flight up to India, were you nervous about the reception you would get. Did you think that you would get a hostile reception? Andrew Symonds: I wasn't nervous. I was interested to see how is it going to be received. But everything ran very smoothly. I didn't know what to expect but I knew it won't be going to be too bad. But I was surprised to see people really happy to see me. It was a nice feeling. Gaurav Kalra: In fact, one of the things I read about was how Ricky Ponting and Matthew Hayden said that IPL is something to build bridges with - to become closer friends with a lot of people, including the India players, with whom the relations were a bit strained over the last three months. Do you view it in the similar way? Andrew Symonds: Yes, I think it will give us a bit of an inside view of their dressing room and how they operate off the field and behind the closed doors, it will be better for the players' relationships. Gaurav Kalra: Are you looking to rebuilding some of those? You guys play so often against each other these days in a circuit that you guys are competitors but not enemies. Andrew Symonds: That is the idea. That is exactly right. I suppose no matter how something is handled but I think we can always put up our hands and try and build the bridge and try and recover the lost ground. But I don't think that there are major problems. To me it is one of those things that happens. Full interview

This is an extremes example of sensationalist media at its worse ( not blaming the post but rather the original interview) After digging through I finally found it : Gaurav Kalra: With young guys like Ishant and Sreesanth bowling at you and we have seen all that on TV. Can we expect more of that here? Andrew Symonds: I think people have enjoyed watching the rivalries and obviously they want to do well and I want to do well. So it's not going to change and remain the same. This is somehow twisted into Rivalry with Indians will persist in IPL: Symonds Nonsense

O yeah! definitely' date=' Mumbai is the litmus test for Symonds. If he gets through then it will be a Grant for him...:-D[/quote'] I dont know about that. There are two things that will make it tough for him: the Mumbai crowd and the fact that Harbhajan plays for Mumbai. Pretty tough.

Andrew Symonds = Terrific eye + Excellent shot selection + Great anticipation + Fast hands + Brute Strength.
All the above is true, but add to the list... + Liar + sledger + cheater Not too long ago, there were many who were suggesting Haydos, Symmo, Punter should be greeted by Indian crowds with :tomato: I hope the crowds remember what these cheaters did in Aus Test series, and give it to these three folks sometime. People have forgotten, and this is what such shady Aus characters will count on - short memories.

no doubt abt it that he is a low life .... and he should get his just desserts when the test series comes around

+ Liar + sledger + cheater Not too long ago, there were many who were suggesting Haydos, Symmo, Punter should be greeted by Indian crowds with :tomato: I hope the crowds remember what these cheaters did in Aus Test series, and give it to these three folks sometime. People have forgotten, and this is what such shady Aus characters will count on - short memories.

no doubt abt it that he is a low life .... and he should get his just desserts when the test series comes around
All the three - Haydos, Symmo and Punter are big time low lives. If not in 2020, during Test series we (crowd) should haunt them endlessly.